Fly Fishing Forum banner

New member - new flies

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  SDHflyfisher 
#1 ·
I am new to this board; that is, I have been reading for some time but only registered today. I thought I'd start of a bit on the bold side by posting some flies that I have come up with during this snowy Norwegian winter.

I have been experimenting with spey flies for some time, but only after buying Shewey's book I have made a sort of breakthrough and made them look somewhat like what I want them to. Up til now, I have concluded that mounting mallard wings is an adult business; for foul language I have introduced an age limit of 18 years in the vicinity of my tying bench....:( I have now lowered this somewhat...

Anyway, here goes for the scrutiny of the international expertise. This first one is a more or less classic Grey Heron (the yellow part of the body isn't readily viewable on the photo, or rather scan), dressed with blue eared pheasant in stead of heron. Hook is Mustad salmon hook size 1.

Henning

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.