a new first [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: a new first

andre
02-26-2004, 11:34 AM
I took the day off yesterday to "teach" a friend Gary a little about winter steelheading. I brought him to one of my favorite runs on a local river, gave him some pointers and sent him on his way. I worked my way through the lower half of the run and noticed an "older lady" walking around the opposite bank (75- 100yrds) as if she was looking for something. I was cold and missed a couple of grabs, so I wanted to rest the water. Gary was coming down as he wanted to give a "spey rod" a try. We talked awhile and Gary's speech stumbled. I looked and my jaw dropped only to hit the cobble, across the river the old lady had nude'd up and was walking down the beach into the 42 deg water (air temp was high 40's). She leisurely waded in to her waist and dunked herself. She proceeded to slowly walk back up the beach lay down on a log for about a minute and repeat her actions. This was clearly a first during my winter steelheading.

As for the fishing it was great, I missed three nice grabs.

A new name for the run, "the gray patch" is descriptive enough

sinktip
02-26-2004, 11:36 AM
Andre,

I am really sorry you shared that story :)

Did you get a phone number :devil:

OC
02-26-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm interested!:whoa:

flytyer
02-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Sinktip,

The phone number was for helping your good friend OC get a date I presume.

KerryS
02-26-2004, 01:00 PM
It appears from the direction this thread has taken that the members of Flytalk are stooping to new lows. I love you guys.

Brian Simonseth
02-26-2004, 01:32 PM
Down Boy:whoa:
Down Boy:tsk_tsk:
Down Boy:devil:

fredaevans
02-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Fishing the Russian River in Nor. Cal. Lots and lots of 'interesting' people in that area .. especially those who come up from San Francisco.

Friend and I were Shad fishing across from a make-shift campground. Two (and I might add) attractive ladies exited their tent, walked out into the river and proceeded to ... how should I say ... throughly 'wash' each other.:eek:

andre
02-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Fred,

Any trip down the Russian with the warm weather you will see more than you want. You just know not to look in the brush. We used to get together with a group of a 100-150 peeps and canoe down the Russian.

ajl

sinktip
02-26-2004, 02:25 PM
Flytyer,

In all honesty, I didn't think about OC. He has been getting dates for himself lately but I don't know if he is up to dressing heron colored hair-wing flies. I hear they attract those 4 salt fish though.

The phone number comment was actually with Sparkey in mind. :smokin:

'tip

OC
02-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Andre.
You just know not look in the brush."

I think it's bush!

andre
02-26-2004, 02:34 PM
OC,

Well I would guess she votes Green.

HMMM, on the Russian what you see wouldn't be called bush.

ajl

OC
02-26-2004, 03:56 PM
Being an old Hippi with grey hair I know all about the Russian R. It's not brush or bush over there it's a regular jungle along that river. I bet Fred spends a lot of time researching many wonderous things over in his neck of the jungle, no I mean woods. No can't be I've met Fred and not thinking he is a hippi. Any way we need a little more entertainment up in the sound area when fishing is a little off. We should encourage more of this by all ages and hair color.

Doublespey
02-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Andre, after our float down the Sandy and the variety of bizarre events and rituals we witnessed, this doesn't suprise me one bit!! If it was anywhere near Oxbow, I'd have to think it would be considered downright ~normal~!:devil: :devil:

The women we encounter on the rivers of Puget Sound tend to be of a slightly different subspecies - right Sparkey?? :hehe:

flytyer
02-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Sinktip,

That makes more sense because a heron-colored hair wing would provide Sparky with a fine catch and release experience and then show him the value of lovingly stroking said hair wing into shape for another most excellent presentation. And I forgot that those 3 salts are more attracted to black or brown hairwings.

NrthFrk16
02-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Doublespey
The women we encounter on the rivers of Puget Sound tend to be of a slightly different subspecies - right Sparkey?? :hehe:

Brian, you are oh so correct...hence, I am relieved that my latest interest is not from Puget Sound (or the PNW for that matter)...thank God!! :hehe: ...and why is everyone (sinktip, flytyer etc.) so fascinated with the women I meet streamside?? :D ;)

But while we are on the stories of interesting experiences with the female kind on the water, I've got a great one for 'ya!

A few years ago, there were some transients camped out on the Fortson Mill area all summer long. With them was some older lady who back in her day may of been very atractive but as the years came and went, she now looked as though she had spent too mcuh time with the bottle, the needle and the back alleys of Pacific Hwy South.

Every afternoon she would go for a swim in the tailout of the Fortson pool in a skimpy see-through sundress that did not hide as much as we wish it did. She would dance and prance around...drugged up beyond belief.

One day, as a good freind of mine was fishing through the hole, she realized that the water was just a little too cold for a certain body part. So just as my freind began his forward cast, she screamed out "Ohhhhhh....my t*ts are hard!", to the shocking surprise of my freind. His head spun around at the most inopportune time and he proceaded to pierce his ear with a heavily weighted fly. :eek:

DLoop
02-26-2004, 11:37 PM
Geez Ryan,

Have some consideration for the POWER of your words. I'm just now going to bed. I don't dare go to sleep with that story floating around in my head. Damm you! I'm going to be bugger-eyed all night just staring at the ceiling.

:eyecrazy:

flytyer
02-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Sparky,

It is because you are legendary for your encounters with shall we say a certain member of the fair sex.

andre
02-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Sparkester,

Any man who can light a fire under the "goddess" like you...... well we all pale in your presence.

:devil:

juro
02-27-2004, 07:28 PM
Well, at least you didn't get low-holed :devil:

andre
02-27-2004, 11:16 PM
Anyone who has the visual just had their stomach turn. Well maybe OC is the exception.:eyecrazy:

NrthFrk16
02-28-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by juro
Well, at least you didn't get low-holed :devil:

Juro...Next time it should be the other way around! :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :devil: ...if you know what I mean! ;)

bad sparkey...very very bad :tsk_tsk: