swift? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: swift?

BigDave
02-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Anyone visited the Swift lately? Wondering if the warm temps on saturday might spike a midge hatch.

I know the Cady section has been cleaned out. Wondering if there are fish in the Y pool as in years past....

striblue
02-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Dave, next time you plan a trip...let me know and I will join you if you don't mind.

BigDave
02-18-2004, 01:23 PM
You betcha :D

jared
02-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Dave,

Is something different about the Cady Lane stretch this year? PM me offline, but I'm aware of at least 1 pool that has always held fish.

Not sure what the wind's been up to out there, but you can bet that there were midges coming off in the Y pool today.

If you go, would love to hear how things went....the warm temps today definitely had me thinking about heading to the Swift in the (hopefully) near future.

Uh, John...the Swift is fresh water....:D :D :D

(and this time of year, you might need flies that would fit through the eye of many of your saltwater flies)

-jared

striblue
02-21-2004, 11:37 PM
Ya ...ya...Jared... I have all my fresh water stuff and the memory of an 18 inch rainbow the last time I was there just above the Y-pool.:D

BigDave
02-23-2004, 10:03 AM
Jared I sent you a PM.

John you might want to bring some of those featherbrains just in case. I was casing to a 12 inch stockie upstream from the bridge a couple years ago...all of a sudden a brown easily over 25" comes out of nowhere and gulps the fish I was casting to...swallowed the damn thing in 2 bites...it scared the crap out of me :eyecrazy:

Sounds like we may have to organize an ealy march outing.

striblue
02-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Yes Dave...I was thinking that for the Swift maybe some flies they have not seen before might be interesting...just as long as we use very fine tippets..it could be interesting... if we do go I will tye up some small Rainbow trout FB's...

jared
02-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Dave,

you have a PM.

-j

(John make sure yer streamers are castable w/ 8x)

jared
03-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Might have a window this Friday....

BigDave
03-02-2004, 08:45 AM
Jared,

I have it from a good source that the swift is dead above and below rt 9. I would imagine they'll be stocking real soon because there's not much snow to run-off. PM me if you want the details.

I fished the Quinnie on Sunday with a friend...in search of those beautiful little wild brookies. Didn't see anything or hook up but it was a beautiful day for a walk on the river.

Soon...:devil: