New things to try this Spring [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: New things to try this Spring

FishHawk
02-15-2004, 09:10 AM
Having just read Ed Mitchel's book on Fishing The Estuaries , I am going to try and fish a floating line with a strike indicator. the Spring should be good because the schoolies will hit just about anything you throw at them. Should be fun.
FishHawk

:devil:

skyomish
02-15-2004, 03:24 PM
I can tell you that fishing a floating line can be a lot of fun, from personal experience. If you take the time to learn line management skills, you will discover that you have an entirely new bag of tricks available to you in your quest to catch stripers, whether on the falts, in estuaries, surf, rocks or boat fishing!

Slinger
02-16-2004, 03:26 AM
It`s never to late to learn new tricks. Had Scott spool up the first floater for the salt that I`ve ever owned. I got an Airflo 9 wt for fishing worms and gurglers. Jeez... I might have to get a lesson on dry fly fishing for flats fish from JF !!!! My boats to little to go to the big water so I better learn to fish the skinny.
Slinger

jfbasser
02-16-2004, 06:48 AM
Slinger, I may have to tie up one of those trick worms for you. I think I will try pink this year:D

FishHawk
02-16-2004, 08:42 AM
This Spring I'll get to watch the Moonies in action. I heard a rumor that one of them is traveling as far away as Joisey!!
:chuckle: :D :devil:

flyfisha1
02-16-2004, 08:47 AM
Huh, I've fished a floating line in the salt more than anything else, but perhaps it's a factor of fishing mostly from the beach, and then with poppers and other topwater fare. I'll actually be using more intermediate lines this season.
Ed's book is truly awesome; I'll be re-reading it in the next two months to brush up on my striper tactics!