other side of the coin [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: other side of the coin

Salmon Chaser
02-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Hello Everyone.
I had the chance to return a rod and reel to its owner in '99.
I posted in the lost and found of a local buy/sell/trade publication and over a one week period i received 5 calls!!!!!! One of which was the real owner! It goes to show that for every good deed there are at least four A$$holes out there trying to cash in.
Funny world!
It was a great feeling to hand the rod over to the rightful lad. Very happy he was.....and so was I.
Salmon Chaser
PEI Canada
><)))*>

Steelheader69
02-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Hopefully the fish gods will cast some good luck your way for that. But I agree, always someone out there trying to get a freebie. Sucks you had to go through the phone calls. But seems that losing rods happens quite a bit. So possibility that they all could've been legit. Unless they said "Umm, some sort of SageLoomisWinstonCnD type rod". :hehe: (no offense if I left out a rod any of you use lol).

juro
02-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Did you hear about the guy who posed with someone else's tarpon and claimed a 6# tippet world record until the rightful captor of the stone dead tarpon :rolleyes: blew the whistle on his and the claim was rejected!

juro
02-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Remember the Boeing derby boat motor and trailer prize that was won fair and square but an envious runner-up hitched it to their ball and drove off with the prize during the award ceremony?

Steelheader69
02-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Are you talking about the one in South America?? The guy who claimed that big tarpon was a IGFA official too. He was trying to impress a girl to do it. Just crazy.