Hardy Advertisment [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Hardy Advertisment

theflytyguy
02-12-2004, 05:37 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of creel the woman is wearing in the Hardy USA ads. If you know where I can get one let me know. Thanks alot.
Benjamin

Willie Gunn
02-12-2004, 05:57 PM
This advertisment?
http://www.hardyusa.com/art/Hard-pos.gif
She has a countrywear brook bag off her right shoulder, but I cannot see a creel. In the UK a creel is a wicker basket used for holding tackle and fish.

juro
02-12-2004, 06:43 PM
What creel? :devil:

theflytyguy
02-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Sorry it is the bag that I am talking about, to me a creel is anything you could carry fish in over your shoulder. Thanks for the info though.
Benjamin

BobK
02-12-2004, 09:04 PM
These were offered for sale here in the 'States and achieved some limited popularity in the years after WW II until maybe the early '70s. I always felt my ol' wicker creel (which is now hanging in my daughter's antique collection) was superior to them. But "them days are gone forever", as the saying goes

Creels are now considered passe' by fishermen - but they buy all sorts of vests, packs, over-shoulder bags, etc. Seems to me a creel was a better way to store and organize your gear... and you could FIND what you were looking for.

I haven't seen a decent, properly shaped creel in YEARS - now all you see is a "decorative" creel, with a flat back, made somewhere in the far east.

BobK

juro
02-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by theflytyguy
Sorry it is the bag that I am talking about, to me a creel is anything you could carry fish in over your shoulder. Thanks for the info though.
Benjamin

Sorry about the misunderstanding, my joke was meant to say that my eyes were occupied as they tried to scan for the creel. Bad joke ;)

fishinfool
02-13-2004, 08:27 AM
Looks a lot to me like an Arctic Creel. My guess is that those are still available through most sporting goods stores. I used one for years to tote the old lightweight waders when I was walking in some distance. You might try Cabelas.
Good luck in finding one. :D

striblue
02-13-2004, 08:34 AM
I have one that is similar and made by Barbour... it has a linner in side and two flap pockets on the outside... made of Oil Egyptian cotton and leather reinforced.. I don't use it as a creel though ,more as a carry bag. So it may not be made by Hardy in the picture but a Barbour.

Dble Haul
02-13-2004, 09:04 AM
....after looking at the picture....

....I'm sorry, what was the question?.... :p

theflytyguy
02-13-2004, 09:32 AM
Thanks for all the suggetstions I guess the first time that I saw it I was a little "distracted" too.

Eddie
02-13-2004, 01:26 PM
That is a Hardy product. I'm not sure if they are still impoting them. "Nice Cree-Ouch!":tsk_tsk:

Willie Gunn
12-14-2004, 06:04 PM
I noticed on Ebay you now get a mouse mat with that lady on it.
What an excuse to have your hand wandering around the bottom of the mat

Big K1
12-14-2004, 07:59 PM
Ha Ha Ha!!!

You dirty dirty man! :chuckle:

james reales
12-15-2004, 09:53 AM
Hi Guys

Does anybody no who she is for real?

I'm not sure but is she Kathy Obrien

She was a model in the U.S for Budwiser

E. simulans
12-15-2004, 09:38 PM
Hardy Countrywear Bags
All Country Wear Bags have standard features - double textured cotton duck, real leather straps, loops and binding, solid brass buckle and carrying rings. They are also waterproof, making them very practical for fishing, shooting and photography.

Luv2flyfish
12-16-2004, 02:48 AM
somewhere not too long ago I read that the Hardy model is from Can-nay-dia :devil:

On that subject......did anyone that story in the fall issue of fish and fly....with that little cutie fly fisher chica from Colorado? Its a good story.....and pictures that'll catch your eye for sure. The world needs more of em........plain and simple.