kauai fly fishing [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: kauai fly fishing

sean
02-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Just found out I will be in Kauai staying at a house on anini beach for a week in May. Not seeing anything about fishing opps on the net. Will bring the Atlantis with me to see what I can find around the reefs but I have heard whispers of bonefish on the islands...

Can anyone help point me in the right direction so I can start doing some research?

Thanks,

-sean

fredaevans
02-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Life is TOUGH! Not my normal thing ... but just a touch of 'green with envy.'
:p

juro
02-05-2004, 05:37 AM
I remember that mitch, OC, Josko, Adrian and maybe others had comments in recent threads but I don't recall specifically Kuai.

Thanks for rubbing it in! I have to go scrape the walkway of snow and ice now. :mad:

;) :eyecrazy:

Adrian
02-05-2004, 07:48 AM
Sean

We have a timeshare on Kauaii just up the road from Anini. It's virgin territory for long rodders. Atlantis should be great if you can get close to the reef edges without getting pounded - it all depends on the wind. I looked hard but didn't see any bones on the reef but I'm sure they stick their noses in at times. I posted a report on the bonefish board last year. You'll see a few guys with throw nets - they'll think your nuts but usually cool about what's going on. I have a contact for a great offshore guy who will put you on mahi mahi, tuna etc. and is open to trying new things - like flyfishing ;) Shoot me a pm if you want details.