no fish pics from Belize [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: no fish pics from Belize

tomd
05-24-2001, 08:06 AM
I can't believe it! we didn't get a single fish pic while there. till I saw them I had forgotten about how concerned the guide was about returning the fish quickly, and having the other fisherman not miss the chance to cast to the remaining fish. I'm bummin'. well I have some nice pics anyhow. I'll type the story up and have juro help me with the pic posts. not sure exactly when it'll be ready, heading to Santa Monica to visit my sis-in-law, and I'll write it up when I get back. Tom D

juro
05-24-2001, 08:30 AM
Like they say it's not just about the fish, but the fishin'

Santa Monica, eh? I worked in Marina Del Rey for over a year, nice area. Ate at the Fish House in Santa Monica a lot, Baja Cantina, that Italian place down there on the road to SM beach, etc. Also a couple of very good sushi places whose names escape me.

Unfortunately I didn't fish. Had to do the shirt and tie each day, and on the weekends I wanted to get back to the steelhead river as fast as I could!

In retrospect I wish I got out to chase bonito, yellowtail, etc on the fly rod.

I frequently visited Bob Marriott's in Fullerton about 1 hour drive to the southeast (off Orangethorpe). Great flyshop!

Have fun and we'll work on the story when you get back.

Eddie
05-24-2001, 09:31 AM
Tom and Juro, I shot some digital video in Belize last week and I think that it is possible to to convert stills to jpeg(? I'm outta my league here). Maybe you could use them. Same week, same country, different trip. I think that I got some analog too, but I have not processed the film yet.

tomd
05-24-2001, 10:27 AM
Eddie, where did you stay? Juro, I doubt my wife would go for the fishing while there. family vacation time

Tom D

juro
05-24-2001, 12:10 PM
I think a combined article would work nicely. I have the tools to convert video to stills -or- mpeg (if not already). Are these videos' on your pc Eddie?

tomd
05-24-2001, 05:50 PM
Juro, I do have some pics, just not of fish. the resort(sorry, no topless women) and Flip teaching us all a thing or two. also some of the area and a good pic of my freind Eddy with a fish on and casting,etc... they are on a kodak cd. Tom D

juro
05-24-2001, 06:04 PM
COOL!

Tom |Murley
05-31-2001, 10:36 AM
So how was belize

Tom