Fly Fishing Forum banner

No One ever Talks about Bream.

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Quentin 
#1 ·
No one ever talks about bream on a fly fishing forum, they are by far one of the most enjoyable fish to catch on a weight 5-6 fly line using itty bitty nymphs. well just thought id ask you all why i seem to be the only one in the world that shares this passion about bream.

#3 ·
There's plenty of us here on the Forum who fish for the many species of sunfish, but it's restricted to the warmer months when the fish are active. Don't make the mistake of assuming that you're the only one who chases them. ;)

Do an archive search here for bluegill, sunfish, or bream....you'll find plenty of results.

And by the way, I prefer to catch them on poppers. :)

#5 ·
There are lots of bluegill and pumpkinseeds in the waters where I fish. They're usually willing to bite and they put up a respectable fight for their size. I like to use a foam body/rubber legged ant. Black body with blue legs seems to work well. I don't usually make them my primary target unless I'm trying to lose the skunk or if it's so hot that I have to park the boat under a tree, but I catch plenty when I'm just fishing for anything that will bite. I've even caught them on bass/pike flies tied on 3/0 hooks!

Q

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.