Fly Fishing Forum banner

Wilmington Flies

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Arthur Robert 
#1 ·
Just wanted to get this out now. Even with the show some time away.. I wanted to get a bead on who might be able to donate some flies for the booth raffle at that March show. I will have a group of flies from the first swap of "go to" flies and hope to have the Bonefish flies in.. Joe Branham will has volunteered to not get his 6 so with mine and his we will have two boxes. So I was thinking of breaking those into four items... one with the first swap flies... one with the bonefish flies... one with a display of two flies, Joe's and Dick Brown's.. and the forth with all the bonefish flies minus the two from Brown and Branham, (does this lasT item make sence, or should I not break them up?). Jeff Roop has PM'd me and volunteered flies. I will put a box together of my stuff .Does anyone else want to submit flies.. Any number will do, even if we only get one from you. At the UFT meeting in February I will ask Mike Martinek for a couple and I will ask the guy who is doing the presentation at the New England SFR meeting named Juro to put some sand eels together.

#2 ·
I'll send some to you. I finished my bonefish flies last night, but will wait to send them to you until I get some others tied for the booth/raffle.

John, could you please clarify whether or not these have to be saltwater patterns? I only ask because this is posted on the Striper Forum. Thanks.

#4 ·
Mark...NO!... not just striper patterns..I posted here because it's where we seem to speak of the shows.. all moderators of other threads should feel free to do their thing on getting flies from their respective areas. Thanks for pointing this out... I also want ed to get a "feel"... we can still post later this February on all threads.... Does that make sense?

#8 ·
Thanks Mark and John, Looks like we will have a great assortment this year. You don't want me to be the gatherer because I lose things;) Lets rejuvenate this near the end of February and figure out how we will do this along with what Juro gets for boxes.. Also, thanks Doc. We could always use some of your flies that's for sure...but like I said..if I get them I might... I might... what was I talking about anyway? I forget!;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.