Vise Extension [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Vise Extension

striblue
01-27-2004, 11:48 PM
I want to bring to your attention a piece of equipement I just got from Hunters..it's a vice extension and is made by Dyna King but fits most vises..It fits my Renzetti and is probably the best piece of machinery you can get for tying..it's $35 ... it is an L-shaped extention which allows you to move your vise in a number of ways AWAY from the table and gives plenty of room for a catch basket. It swivels out and the height can also be extended for comfortable tying.. It can swivel out over your lap which clears your table for material. It allow you to remove any light that you might have which is the type that attaches to the vise itself. Worth the money and is very convienent..so this is just an FYI. Here is apicture of the devise attached to my vise.

FrenchCreek
01-28-2004, 12:43 PM
John, I have this extension on my Barracuda and I agree with you, it is a great tool. The most beneficial feature for me has been to set a comfortable tying height for the jaws. This has greatly reduced any strain on my back and neck, something I had not associated with tying. The "comfort" zone created is like having an ergonomic vise! Same benefits as having a proper height for the key board of a computer.