Who's fishin' where this weekend? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Who's fishin' where this weekend?

juro
05-11-2001, 10:48 AM
Now that it's lunchtime on Friday (at least around here) what interesting weekend follies are in store for you?

Friday roll call!

Craig
05-11-2001, 11:08 AM
Hey Guys:

I will be staying in West Yarmouth and want to meet up with someone. Let me know where and when and I will be there. I can bring the canoe and motor if that would be useful.

Craig

striblue
05-11-2001, 12:32 PM
You Know I will be at CAC... looking for you.. if anybody else finds themselves in Chatham tonight without a place...drop by... we would be heading out at dawn or earlier.

juro
05-11-2001, 09:27 PM
Craig -

John, Jeff and I will be hitting the bathtub area with Rip Ryder to investigate rumors of plentiful fish. If you can join us it would be cool. We'll be taking the first run over from the causeway, I may go poke around Hardings Beach at first light before heading over to the refuge.

Hope to see you there!

NrthFrk16
05-15-2001, 12:59 AM
I made my first ever trip to fish the Yakima. I dont belong on a trout stream! :(

Needless to say, I didnt catch anything.

juro
05-15-2001, 05:36 AM
Ryan -

I've heard those Blue Ribbon streams have PhD trout! I had a tough time getting over the swing and skate when going for trout after steelheading for so long too.

I had to cheat and use the rig Bob Desplaines showed me - a big dry with a little beadhead dropper. Basically a bobber and a jig ;D

More recently I've done well in stillwater with dries, emergers and streamers on stocked trout. I hope to get up to Vermont and NH this year to fish native brookies in small streams, which I haven't done for probably 17-20 years.

FlyMan
05-16-2001, 11:52 PM
I'm off to Randolph VT for my first 3 day fly fishing school with Brad Yoder of "Trout on the Fly". I've been waiting 8 months for this opportunity ever since being introduced to fly fishing last September.

bcasey
05-17-2001, 05:56 AM
Hey Flyman. sounds great. I just took up ff last spring,saltwater only so far, and am interested in trying the trout route next. How about a report when you get back, also, I see by your profile that you are a photographer, I'm sure some pictures will be in order as well? Good luck, I'll be looking for the report!

juro
05-17-2001, 08:15 AM
Someone I work with fished with Brad and raves about him. Saw that fishery on ESPN, wow is it a beautiful river. I am familiar with the White River but haven't fished it in a while... gorgeous western style clarity and freestone pools.

Good luck flyman! We'll see you on the next clave.

monstersteelie
05-20-2001, 09:11 AM
The northerns and smallies are callin my name this weekend. if i could get a car i would be out trout fishing on a lake about an hour away but kinda hard to get someone to lend me thier car. lol.
Josh