Forum Decals [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Forum Decals

flyfisha1
01-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Any possibility that forum decals are in the works?

BigDave
01-28-2004, 10:28 AM
I'd proudly display one on the back of my rig!

juro
01-28-2004, 10:36 AM
No problem! I have all the good graphics tools known to man and am a graphic designer, so we just need to finance the stickers and think of a distribution plan that will not take too much time or money.

I like either the reverse printed (on the sticky side) for glass or the cut-out transfer kind which require only the stock color, using shape to get the message across.

Open to ideas though... any more thoughts?

Dble Haul
01-28-2004, 10:45 AM
I really like the window decals.

They look great on windows, but would probably look nice on a stripping basket too (for those of us who still have any room on one).

mattzoid
01-28-2004, 11:24 AM
Hell Juro,

I'm still waiting on my CND sticker or do I have to send in my warranty cards to get it.

Matt Burke

flyfisha1
01-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by juro
I like either the reverse printed (on the sticky side) for glass or the cut-out transfer kind which require only the stock color, using shape to get the message across.

I'd prefer the reverse printed option to the cut-outs; what would the graphic look like in either case?

I agree with Mark regarding decals for baskets, though my first priority will be for the truck.

FishHawk
01-29-2004, 07:46 AM
I would like one for my truck. Great idea. What would the cost be?
FishHawk:D

DFix
01-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Reverse print doesn't show up on tinted windows.

Dble Haul
01-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by DFix
Reverse print doesn't show up on tinted windows.

That's okay, because I didn't plan to put any on my limo. :)

DFix
01-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Dble Haul
That's okay, because I didn't plan to put any on my limo. :)

ADRIAN OR JIMMY: HELP!!! (Go kick this guy's ass, please! - you're down there in Conn. - it'd be way easier for you guys than me takin' a day off, drivin' all the way down...:rolleyes: )

Chris
01-29-2004, 01:37 PM
Juro,
I'll print the decals if you get me a graphic you want to use. It could generate a few bucks toward the server or we could give them away, you're call. I can get them done for next to nothing- cost of the stock. Let me know.

NrthFrk16
01-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by mattzoid
Hell Juro,

I'm still waiting on my CND sticker or do I have to send in my warranty cards to get it.

Matt Burke

Matt-
Stop by the shop...I have one for ya

Brian Simonseth
02-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Juro
Stickers sound good to me. How can we get them?
And how about a CND sticker:)

Willie Gunn
02-05-2004, 02:55 PM
http://www.cnduk.org/images/hd03.gif

Is this the type of sticker you were looking for?

Brian Simonseth
02-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Thanks, BUT NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!

striblue
02-05-2004, 04:24 PM
This is for DFix... and I am also serious..I need a sticker for CND and one for the forum... but I need the regular stick on... for my new LL Bean Stripping basket!:hehe:

juro
02-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Willie -

That's a classic, I'd have to wear bell-bottoms to hold up that sign. Put a daisy in the tip guide too ;)

Matt, Brian, John -

I am getting some printed. Nobuo did the last bunch in Japan so I had to find my own US source for more. They are the outline type where you pull away the shapes and it leaves something behind on the window, stripping basket, etc.

I'll let you know when they come in.

FishHawk
02-06-2004, 07:08 AM
I could use two. I have also got the LL.Bean Stripping Basket. It's cool and needs a Forum sticker on it.
Fishhawk:hehe: :smokin:

juro
02-06-2004, 07:45 AM
John -

I was thinking... you don't have a peace symbol on your orvis basket! How retro chic would that be?

Guys, for those who have not yet seen the striblue basket, his is the one that is inscribed across the front...

"SKUNKED TODAY"

as a response to the wall of tourists asking "did you catch anything?" :hehe:

striblue
02-06-2004, 09:28 AM
...........and it will be on the new one as well. :D

Doc Duprey
02-06-2004, 12:31 PM
John,

Whatever happened to "truth in advertising"?

Best regards,

-Doc

striblue
02-06-2004, 01:52 PM
LOL.:chuckle:

SDHflyfisher
02-07-2004, 05:42 PM
i'll take four
one to put on the tailgate of my truck one for each door and one to put on the inside of the cap

Chris
02-08-2004, 06:02 PM
I will have some printed up for distibution soon. I'm thinking a couple bucks each toward server costs plus an SASE. Stay tuned.

flyfisha1
02-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Are you going to post an image of the decals?

Chris
02-08-2004, 06:55 PM
I am awaiting feedback from Juro on a choice of images. When I one is selected it will be posted.

DFix
02-12-2004, 02:06 PM
OK, I'll help the advertising budget and apply a new sticker or stickers to my BRAND NEW L.L. Bean stripping basket :rolleyes: - I still wanna know when the FFF window decals are coming?

Striblue -

1. Where'd you get that "Skunked Today" sticker?:eek:
2. How many stickers are required on any one stripping basket?:chuckle:

Chris
02-12-2004, 03:12 PM
I asked Juro to put something together for a decal that I can have made If I don't hear from Juro shortly with a design I'll go ahead and put something nice together. I'm thinking a simple small rectanglular decal- Approx. 4.25" x 2" w/ a striper, Forum Lettering and URL- reverse image for the inside of a window. Though I'm open to suggestions.

I welcome any input from the Left Coasters with ideas or a design- Steelhead and or Speypages logo- if someone would like to put together I can have something to represent out there as well. If someone out west wants to design something just e-mail me with the attached image in the dimensions above and in as high a resolution as you can to my personal e-mail or PM me and I will run a batch of those also.

flyfisha1
02-12-2004, 06:47 PM
Just for giggles, I'll draw one or two logos up with Corel Draw and 3D Studio Max...

Denise had a good idea: a logo with two fish superimposed in the background, in the yin-yang pose (not literally, but vaguely). I pictured a trout and a striper, the fish on the bottom with it's back slightly arched so it's looking upward, and the opposite of the fish on top.

Chris
02-12-2004, 09:53 PM
That sounds cool, especially since I do as much trout fishing as striper fishing. For economics of stock waste keep it to the dimensions I listed above and have fun.

juro
02-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by flyfisha1
Just for giggles, I'll draw one or two logos up with Corel Draw and 3D Studio Max...

Denise had a good idea: a logo with two fish superimposed in the background, in the yin-yang pose (not literally, but vaguely). I pictured a trout and a striper, the fish on the bottom with it's back slightly arched so it's looking upward, and the opposite of the fish on top.

That was the original design for our logo at it's inception, in fact many of you have the original business card which was the two fish in that pisces position.

Interesting!

Not to be a party pooper but I maintain editorial control over what gets issued. That being said, all proposals are welcome and deeply appreciated.

Chris
02-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Juro,
Anything that comes my way I will clear through you before proceding. I didn't mean to usurp your position regarding image and editorial control I just had hoped to get the project on wheels. If you prefer not to have me produce any decals I can back off. I just have access to the equipment and already have a fair amount of stock so I was just looking to do something to promote the Forum.

juro
02-13-2004, 03:12 PM
Sorry, I just meant I want to see them first. I equally didn't mean to be overly insistent about it, but still wanted to have a sense for it.

BTW - I still have your spring clave sticker on my windshield and the job you did on the stickers for the fly boxes was fantastic!

flyfisha1
02-22-2004, 11:35 AM
Since the idea for the logo is the same as one from previous years, are there any alternate ideas for logos? I hope that the decals don't fall through the cracks, just wanted to see if we could get this re-started.

Chris
02-23-2004, 09:28 AM
Actually, the designs from the past are not ones I intended for the new Forum decal. The ones Juro referred to are ones that were put together for other events or promo's. I am looking for something entirely new. Something, as I said earlier 4.5" x 2" with The Forum name, a striper and/or steelhead graphic the Web address and perhaps a motto. Colors can be as vibrant as you like. The output quality of the printers is excelent.

I don't have the software to design a decal and I won't be buying any in the near future. Nor do I have the means to pay to have something designed, having just bought a new home. I do however, have access to high end production equipment and good stock for producing them.
With that, I am open to any and all designs for a decal. I will present them to Juro for acceptence, rejection or editing and will gladly get them made at my expense.
As yet, I haven't received any artwork but am looking forward to seeing some and will have them made as soon as a design(s) have been approved.

Have fun, and let's see some creativity to get this thing rolling.
I am very excited about doing this so all folks with the tools and savy to design something please put some ideas together so this idea doesn't fade away.

Dble Haul
02-23-2004, 10:06 AM
If possible, I would like to see the Forum's tagline on the decal. If I remember correctly, it reads "There are no strangers on the water".

As far as artistic design, I'll leave that up to the creative minds out there. :)

striblue
02-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Yes Mark.... and add.... at the end of the tag line...."....just strange people";)

flyfisha1
02-23-2004, 02:13 PM
Okay, I'll see what I can come up with along those lines. I like the idea of the tagline, as well as John's addition to it! :smokin: