First Post from a Newbie! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: First Post from a Newbie!

FlyMan
05-05-2001, 08:49 AM
Another newbie to fly fishing here! I was fortunate to have met Juro last week at the Blue Northern Trading Company in Ayer MA and he was most generous to spend a LOT of time answering my questions after he was admiring the Chota STL+ boots I eventually bought. A truly nice guy! (Hope I didn't prevent you from getting to the post office before they closed) But he also seems representative of all the people I have met so far that are "into" fly fishing - knowledgeable and willing to share. That's one of the many things I love about this sport. It's not only thoroughly enjoyable to do, but the people involved are great too. Hope to some day join in on one of the Conclaves.

I will be doing my first 3 day FF school in Vermont in a couple of weeks and I want to make sure I am comfortable and prepared. I've heard that it's not a good idea to wear blue jeans under waders because of their inability to wick moisture.

Now for my first question to this fine board:

What do most of you guys wear under your waders? (Sounds like the old "Kilt" question!)