Green River Report [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Green River Report

NateSmith
01-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Fishing is good but really cold for the past two months. The B and C sections are best. 10-15 fish per day in the 14-20 inch range. Hot flies are double bunnies and scaulpen patterns #4-2

BobK
01-22-2004, 05:16 PM
How does it normally fish in the second week of June? I'll be out there then, and would like to do some serious fishing! Any and all info. is appreciated!

BobK

jamie
01-23-2004, 02:54 AM
Terrestials did it for me in June 03. Cicadas, Ants, and Hoppers sizes 6-12. Patterns with a bit of orange in did well.

I mainly fished from Flaming Gorge Dam to about a mile past Little Hole (about 7 mles of river if my memory serves me right).

Found Utah's Green River by Dennis Breer (co-owner of Trout Creek Flies in Dutch John) a good read before hitting the river. Some great fish in there - worth walking down from the Dam to the Aquarium (about a mile) if you fancy frustrating the hell out fo yourself; hiding behind boulders and casting to HUGE trout which will follow then refuse your fly.

John Desjardins
01-23-2004, 07:57 AM
Nate, Great to hear from you. Sounds like fun fishing.

juro
01-23-2004, 08:45 AM
#2 sculpins... sounds like my kinda trout fishing! I love aggressive trout.

Good to hear from you Nate, hope things are going well for you.

NateSmith
01-23-2004, 11:38 AM
It fishes really well in June give me a call and we could hook up. It will be mostly cicadas, caddis, maybe some green drakes