How about those Patriots! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: How about those Patriots!

Dble Haul
01-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Fellow New Englanders-

On to Houston! :D :cool: :smokin:

FredA
01-18-2004, 07:05 PM
All those damn field goals had me on edge and a bit wired. Smoked a pack of butts this afternoon. I'll be able to start the Wellibrutin regiment in a week and start my fishin trip fund as soon as the Super Bowl's over.

Dble Haul
01-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Fred, I agree. Five field goals, and most of them having to come in the red zone. If even a few of those trips to the red zone had been converted into touchdowns, the game would have been a real blowout.

Good luck with the smoking cessation....you'll feel better sooner than you think.

juro
01-18-2004, 08:36 PM
I caught the end of the game on the radio on the way home from helping pack the booth at the show. Tight right to the end when you consider the talent both teams had on the field! Congrats to the Pats, a truly incredible team this year.

And you gotta hand it to the pats fans, they are as dedicated as any fans could be deserve to bask in the glory along with the team.

flyfisha1
02-01-2004, 11:23 PM
A great game, played the way that all Super Bowls should be. The thing that infuriates me now that the evening news is on is the fact that more attention will be paid to the halftime screw-up than to the game itself.
Congrats to the Pats! I never doubted that they'd win. Maybe the Steelers will go next year... :smokin:

Dble Haul
02-02-2004, 08:01 AM
Fingernails chewed off, several clumps of hair pulled from my scalp.....what a game! It can be argued that that was one of the best and most competitive Super Bowls ever played.

BigDave
02-02-2004, 09:00 AM
Awesome game!

Hoarse, hungover and late for work today....suffering from a bad case of Patriots fever!

Think how good we'll be with Roosevelt Colvin, David Patten and all those draft picks next year!

Dynasty?

juro
02-02-2004, 09:17 AM
That's how every superbowl should be! How cool was that? I have to respect Jake and Smith and their defense for carrying things right to the wire... but in the end, the better team took the trophy home.