spey tackle for sale [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: spey tackle for sale

tackleman
01-17-2004, 04:39 PM
Two rods:
No. 1: Orvis, 13.5', 3 pc., 9 1/4 oz., #10 line - I believe when this rod was offered it was considered to be an 'overhead' rod. I cast it earlier this week (as a final handshake) with an Airflo Long Delta 9/10 (with tips). What a difference to my memories of fishing it with a DT10 floater and a Teeny 400. Handles the line beautifully. Asking $275
No. 2: Bruce and Walker, 17.5', 4 pc., lines 9-11 - This rod is also labeled "Carbon" and is the 'Walker' model. B&W used to make the same length rod/configuratiuon in two flex profiles, the 'Walker' being the faster profile and the 'Bruce' a more traditional action. All pieces are not the same length - the butt is much shorter - everything is original. It was used with a 10/11 Accelerator with tips and is a real cannon. When I stopped using it, my chiropractor missed me. Asking $375
Two reels:
No 1: Hardy Marquis Salmon No. 3 with Cortland DT10 floater. There is a little finish off the backside of the frame, otherwise it is very good. Asking $240
No 2: Hardy Marquis No. 2. Condition is the same - a little finish rubbed off, otherwise very good. Asking $240
Both rods have their original bags and cases. The B&W tube is PVC which is the way they came. The reels are in the original blue vinyl cases.
You can contact me with questions or offers at dnlock@shaw.ca
Payment will be by bank draft or certified check - please!
I can package them well for UPS insured collect delivery.

tackleman
01-17-2004, 07:56 PM
The Marquis Salmon No. 3 is sold.