: Mini Flounder Around

striblue
01-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Materials Used
Hook- 3/0 Varivas long Shank.
Thread- white Danville flat wax
Body- Cut foam-Tan
Topping- Mallard flanl feather-tan
Tail- Neon tan Kryastal flash and Cut Tan rabbit strip.
Eyes- Small gold stick-on
Belly- white acrylic Paint.
Weight-large lead dumbell
Tying Instructions
Cut foam to shape and cover with epoxy coat. Then drop on a mallard flank feather so thet the feather overhangs the foam to be fins. Let se. Set up hook and tie in dumbell eye toward the middle of the shank. Then tie in the Krystal flash (about 12 strands) and tye in the small segment of rabbit strip as the tail. Flip the fly over and supper glue the faom centered on the hook shank. then mark the top with red and brown magic markers as shown and several dots of white acylic pant. After it is set add in eyes and cover with a thin coat of Epoxy...let set. Turn fly over and epoxy in the hook shank to the foam...let set... Flip over and give a second final coat of Epoxy...flip over and Paint the bottom of the fly all white for the belly....flip over and cover the top with Hard as Hull... then flip over and , if the paint is dry cover that with Hard as hull

FishHawk
01-16-2004, 06:15 AM
Should work . Maybe a Hollow Fly type of Flounder. Try it . Just tie it like the regular fly but 90 degrees to the shank of the hook. Worth a try. FishHawk:D

striblue
01-16-2004, 07:42 AM
Bill... You try it..let's see you come up with a variations doing it hollow fly style.

FrenchCreek
01-16-2004, 04:38 PM
John, I think this one is really "cute"! and often times the "cute" factor will work better than anything else....
Do you use these for Stripers?, on the flats?

striblue
01-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Yes Pete..Stripers... I have not used them on the Flats but I will this summer...mostly off the south facing beaches in Chatham

FishHawk
01-17-2004, 06:50 AM
John instead of the Mini Flounder I'm going to try JBssser's Twister Worm Fly Hollow Style.:hehe: :chuckle: :devil:
FishHawk

Doc Duprey
01-17-2004, 05:21 PM
John,

Margie says if you teach me how to tie the Mini-Flounder, she will do another dinner for you and Elizabeth this summer. (Actually dinner is on regardless, but she wants to see how you do it.)

- Doc

striblue
01-17-2004, 06:25 PM
Doc... I will be happy to show her...and let her know that you have to have a dinner at out place this summer.