Happy Easter [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Happy Easter

striblue
04-15-2001, 11:40 AM
Wishing everyone a happy and safe Easter...Those Bueatiful days are here and the best is yet to come. Thanks Juro, for putting this together and opening the world to this great bunch of people. Who said fishing had to be solitary.

juro
04-15-2001, 04:57 PM
Same to you John, and happy holiday to all the great folks who come here.

I always remember the Easter when the lower Green River was open for native steelhead C&R, the only year I recall in the 12 years I lived by it's banks in the burbs of Seattle. In 9 days before Easter, I landed 11 steelhead of which only one was a hatchery hen. One of the hens went nearly 16 pounds, right in the riffle by the golf course in Auburn. It was a bluebird day and the guys coming off the course were blown away by seeing this fish being released. Anyway, my wife said no fishing on Easter (the closer) and I agreed. After dinner I took a little ride along the river. I spotted some big shadows moving up the riffles as I stopped at a few spots. Then when I got down to a honey hole, there was my neighbor and his father-in-law in their Easter clothes and hip waders standing in the water - and his father in law had a fish on the line! What a scene, but no camera - I only wish I could post that image here right now!

Jimmy
04-15-2001, 09:00 PM
John,
Happy Easter to and your family. Juro that goes for you too. I also remember when I would spend Easter Sunday fishing. After church I would go across the road and cast to the first schoolies at the damn near my house. I never though life could get any better. Now my Easter Sunday involves watching my 4 year old and my two year old hunt for Easter eggs and OD on jelly beans. And I realize, life did get better. With luck, the fish will be there year after year. My kids will only be kids for a very short time. Who knows? In a couple of years maybe they'll want to go fishing with dear old dad on Easter.

Happy Easter,
Jimmy