New R.B. Meiser Website [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: New R.B. Meiser Website

Robert Meiser
01-10-2004, 06:50 PM
To all,

Finally got the new Two Handed and Switch Rod sections completed on my site this weekend. Need a few graphics yet, but she's pretty much done.

The Two Handed section now includes all of the new Helical fresh and salt water two handers from 11'4" to 14'6' ~ 4 pc. 5/6 to 11/12 wts, most available as blanks/kits/ or ready to wrap.

... Plus a new series of 13ft. 3 pc. rods and blanks available in 5/6 to 9/10 weight. These were conceived by my friend Gary Anderson of Southern Oregon, with design and roll-up being done by one of the PNW's most respected fly rod designers.

The Switch Rod section now includes three series of 3 pc. 106s:

The "Traditionals" ~ Medium fast action progressives in 5/6 to 9/10 wts....And a fast action series of both fresh and saltwater 106ers in 5/6 to 11/12 wts.

I will continue to build custom on all Sage and T&T blanks as well.

Over this Summer I will continue to work on the new 5 pc. 14'6" rods in 8/9/10 and 9/10/11....And Flytyer your 17' footer as well !!!

I'd like to give my thanks to all of you that have supported my shop over the past year. In all honesty I do not think I could have ever gotten to know a better group of folks, and your support has been frosting on the cake. Hope to see many of you at the up-coming Claves.

Juro, you asked me to consider sponsoring the Forum a little over a year ago... Well it's turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made in all regards ....Good On Ya Bro...And thanks for that !

Tight Lines Guys...Meiz

fredaevans
01-10-2004, 07:52 PM
"and lust in my heart!!!":devil: :smokin:

http://www.meiserflyrods.com/fieldtester.html

And that, boys and girls, is the very best part of what makes Bob's rods so cool. How many rod builders will send you a $550-$800 (if they actually go that high) top end rod to 'try before you buy?' Run that idea by Sage, Scott, etc., and see how far you get?:D

One of the more interesting things about the above is Bob getting together with Gary Anderson of Gold Hill, Oregon. If I had to pick 'the one' custom rod builder whose work is on a par with Meiser's it would be Gary. Have three of his rods (one and 2 handers) and the workmanship was 'class act.'

So now we have 'two class acts' working in consort.

A very good thing!!

Sidebar: Bob, did you deside to drop the 'fes' designation?:hehe: :tsk_tsk:

juro
01-10-2004, 10:36 PM
Bob -

Glad it worked out well for you, sounds like a win-win... this community has sure benefited from having a fine craftsman like yourself among us through the season and we look forward to many more just like it.

Great having you sir!

flytyer
01-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Meiz--

My hands are already itching to have the 17 footer in them. I am waiting with baited breath for it!

Robert Meiser
01-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Freddykins,

The "Fred Evans Special" blunder has been duley noted, and my web guy will fix this el pronto.

....And Russ,

Good grief man...Don't say "baited" this is a SPEY site !

Sorry , could'nt let it slide......};^)

Meiz

Greg Pavlov
01-11-2004, 02:42 AM
Congratulations, Bob. It's nice to see the "under construction" sign gone.