Fly Fishing Forum banner

UFT Tonight-- great night!

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  FishHawk 
#1 ·
Bob Popovics did a great presentation and I watched him tye his Hollow Fly before his slid show. One slide show had two Humpback whales JUST OFF THE SURF... It was quite a night...Finally met Tom Sheehy and watched Dave Skok tie his Pheasant Phlonder.. Rich Murphy showed me his new Mantis Crab and it was incredibly realistic. Bill Catherwood, Jack Gartside and Mike Martinek were also there. Tom Sheehy reported that so was Dick Brown and I wish I had known. Dave Fix was tying and saw Sprocket and sat with Fish Hawk to watch Popovics. GregD, Bird fish and Bill were also hard at work. Andy from Concord Outfitters was selling his wares. A great evening and a packed house.

#2 ·
I will chime in here. It was great to see you John and sit next to the Master Bob Popovics. He's a great tyer and guy. His hollow fly is a real winner. Great night and group. Got to get down to Jersey in the Fall some time . Pick up a lot of tying tips from Bob
FishHawk:smokin:

#3 ·
John,
I think you were standing next to him but didn't know it - either that or you missed each other my seconds.
The next time you are in the same room I'll introduce you.

Come up to NESFR on Tuesday, he'll be there.
Sprocket

p.s. - you won't need your ascott at NESFR ;)

#4 ·
Todd... I e-mailed him and will try to catch him at the NESFR meeting next week. Tom Sheehy kindly sent me the newsletter and directions... I also Noted that Juro will be the guest speaker at the February meeting. The speakers next week are Nat and Derrick from First Light who will do their Blue Fin slide show and talk and I have seen it before and it's a good one. Their Fly tying night is now moved to every Wednesday at their shop also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.