Server Memory Upgrade [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Server Memory Upgrade

juro
01-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Thanks to Sean's determined sleuthing of the health of our server and the generosity of our sponsors, we are having the memory on our server upgraded within the next 24-48 hours.

This should eliminate the outages you may have seen over the last few days during peak times.

Please think of our sponsors first when it comes to your consumer decisions, they really are the key to providing this resource free to all members.

Sean does a little too ;) ;)

Willie Gunn
01-08-2004, 04:43 AM
The site was down a while this morning now it is realy flying I take it we have been upgraderd

juro
01-08-2004, 05:32 AM
Just checked, yes we have! Hope this will keep things tuned up for a while.

Thanks again Sean!

sean
01-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Looking good! We are not having to dip in virtual memory any longer which I think was killing us. Plus my home computer had more RAM than we did :rolleyes: I should have caught that as a red flag a while ago...sorry about that.

Hopefully this is it and thanks to all for enduring the outages over the past few weeks. I am hoping this carries us for awhile.

Look for a full version forum upgrade soon. The new version of our software rocks and I am looking forward to getting it installed. I will warn everyone before I get ready to flip the switch and I am looking at doing this is a week or two. Just waiting to make sure they get all the bugs worked out.

Then I can really start cranking on the new fly patten archive and another couple projects I have in the works.

-sean

Dble Haul
01-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Thanks for all of your efforts Sean. We really appreciate them.