Marlboro booth cancelled [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Marlboro booth cancelled

juro
01-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Due to a number of circumstances, we've decided to pull out of booth duties at the Marlboro show:

1) the main floor was sold out months ago

2) we would have to pay for off-site space

3) we can put the money to better use elsewhere

The risk is that we could not recover the investment without the crowd.

Wilmington is still a go, more to come. This might help finance the casting clave, which is almost $600 (mostly recoverable).

We should still plan on a group outing Sat PM as usual if anyone is interested.

We will plan to book very early in 2005 for Marlboro for the main floor.

striblue
01-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Juro... no problem... Let's set up something for Saturday night... also, any suggestions on auctioning the box of flies or should I just wait for Wilmington. I suspect it would be best to do that. Looks Like I will have to hang around somewhere else all day Saturday.... like the bar at the Hotel! Probably will be there Friday also.

Adrian
01-08-2004, 05:55 PM
I'll be there:D

I said hi and had a chat with John and Jake on the Temple Fork booth at the Danbury show. Folks that came to the casting clave last year will remember they came in force armed with lots of demo rods and donated a prize for the competition. They remembered us and had a great time - we could probably do more with them - casting clave sponsorship/invovement with big brother day ...

Maybe we could invite them for beer and chow - they will be at Marboro and we could bat some ideas around.

Chris
01-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Sorry it didn't work out but you're right the main floor traffic is defitately what makes it so much fun. I'll be there with Drew and Darryl, and look forward to seeing everyone. Let us know about the post show gathering so we can bend an elbow with you.