Fly Swap #1--Final Report [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fly Swap #1--Final Report

striblue
01-05-2004, 02:36 PM
All flys are off in the mail today... everyone should get theirs in a couple days...except for Ashley which went by airmail to UK. The money you guys sent was more than I needed so I bought myself lunch ( at Burger King, not L'Espallier)with the left over with $2 bucks to spare... Also, I sent a second envelop to Dble Haul with his Pike flies he sent me to look at...Mark, I had already sealed the envelop for the swap flies... great swap guys... I think I divided them out equally...but I think 2 or 3 of you got an extra fly... everyone got 6. Those who gave me fly boxes are getting them back. Don't forget , one whole series of these swap flies will be available for a drawing at the Marleboro show so make sure to stop by and let your friends know as well.

Dble Haul
01-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks for organizing the swap, and thanks for the extra effort with my stuff.

Hope to see you soon!

grego
01-06-2004, 01:42 PM
John,

Thanks for organizing this Swap.

Great pictures on the Archive Forum!

grego
01-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Got My package this evening; everything looks great.

It's easier to list what I didn't get, so for my six-out-of-nine I did not get Striperknight's peanutbunker & I did not get Joe's Tarpon, & of course I did not get my own back (but you better believe I tied one extra!)

It dawns on me that with those six flies (or better yet all nine) one could handle Many Different Striper Fishng Situations. Three run deep, four run mid-column, & two are surface & most of the Major striper baits are represented. It could not have been planned out much better.

I think the entire group will do well at the show.

thanks again John!

Striperknight
01-07-2004, 08:00 PM
After being in some swap disasters I just wanna say....

Thanks for making my first swap on this board a great experience!
This was the first swap I was in that did not go 2 to 3 months
past the deadline. Thanks to all for being prompt.

The flies are great and anyone who wins the set will get some
works of art.

- - - - - Striperknight

capt shiner
01-07-2004, 11:55 PM
I received the package today... awesome work guys! This also was the first swap for me on the board. Looking forward to another! Too bad we have to wait a bit to try them out..

Smolt
01-08-2004, 04:24 PM
Received mine this morning and beauties they all are. They all look like fish getters, but they are all too pretty to fish.

Thanks John for a great swap.

CK

ashley
01-08-2004, 06:35 PM
Mine arrived this morning,these flies are excellent,thanks to John for doing this swap and to those who tied the flies.

Dble Haul
01-08-2004, 06:39 PM
My flies arrived today as well. Thanks again to all who participated.

Doc Duprey
01-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Got mine yesterday and allI can say is.....WOW! There is some real talent out there! Now I'm even more excited about spring.

Thanks to all who participated and to the Rt. Hon. Striblue, Mayor of Monomoy and President-for-Life of the CAC. All hail!

-Doc