Growing Pains - FlyTalk 2.0? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Growing Pains - FlyTalk 2.0?

juro
04-01-2001, 09:31 AM
Well recently there have been what seems to be a growing number of server errors coming from the board's server. I've been trying to figure out what the problem is but since I am no perl expert I haven't been able to figure it out by myself.

Here's what I do know - if you get a server error, click on the FlyTalk link and Refresh. The post will be there. If you try to repost the message will be posted twice.

But that's not the solution, I think it's time to get an industrial grade discussion board that comes with support and more features. UltraBoard 1.6 has been ours to use free of charge, but unless we can get to the bottom of the recent concerns it might be time to pay the piper as they say and obtain a license for a fool-proof discussion board.

If anyone feels they can contribute to the cause of researching discussion board solutions, or diving in to seek the recent problems with replying to certain posts, please let me know and we'll form a FlyTalk 2.0 Committee.

Juro

Adrian
04-02-2001, 08:52 AM
Hi Juro

I read this thread the other day but hadn't experienced a problem until this a.m. when I did the double post thing. It's been too long since I personally cut any code but CSC having built 70+ net markets over the past two years I know the folks who know - if you know what I mean! Anyway, I'll chat to a couple of people I know and respect and see what I can come up with. Ideally I might find a SWFF addict who hasn't discovered this forum yet - but that's really hoping!