Lost, broken & damaged tackle? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Lost, broken & damaged tackle?

John Desjardins
03-26-2001, 01:03 PM
I've enjoyed the recent thread on fishing with crappy lines where I learned among other things that I'm not the only one who uses a Pflueger Medallist at times or who has a bent Martin reel. The topic got me thinking about tackle that I have lost, broken or damaged which was irreplaceable, and wondering what other people had on their list of tackle that is no longer here. To start the thread here is my list, which admittedly is non fly fishing .

Lost: A shyster spinner that is in a root on the bottom of the Farmington river. I have never had a lure or fly that caught more trout than this one lure. The size & finish of this spinner are no longer available, and those that are available now are just too heavy.

Broken: My grandfathers telescoping steel baitcasting rod. After trying to cast it once with the resulting birds nest he bought me a cane pole. I never got to use it until shortly after he died, and I promptly broke it.

Damaged: Again something from my grandfather. A plug from the fifties that sat virginal in its box until I it placed next to a rubber worm. I still have it but every time I look at it I remember the darn rubber worm.

So what is your list of irreplaceable tackle?