The heavy lifting [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: The heavy lifting

juro
12-22-2003, 01:56 PM
Just to fill everyone in...

Occasionally thru the history of the site there are times that try mens souls... our current server problems are bringing us into one of those times again. The staff behind the curtain takes no pay for running the site and although the satisfaction is priceless, when running it becomes a graveyard shift second job it's time to recognize the efforts of the superstar who stands guard, our webmaster Sean.

The sponsor's and auction participants efforts have been a Godsend to our ability to provide higher end server architecture, but things can arise in software that bring even a dedicated server into troubled waters and we should all know and appreciate the effort that Sean is putting into resolving these.

Upon the foundation of Dana's dedication to all things spey coming together with my love of building online flyfishing communities it's Sean's tireless will to help and his technical acumen that has carried us this far.

In the wee hours of the morning it's Sean's effort that has kept us from having to lock down the site last night (this morning) and the battle is far from over.

I just wanted to say that we all owe an awful lot to Sean for his contributions over the years and when the going gets tough we all can thank him for getting tough on all of our behalf.

Not everyone could, or would put in the kind of heavy lifting that he has for us, please take a moment to recognize his efforts.

Sean, you are truly "da man".

JimW
12-22-2003, 03:18 PM
Sean, Thanks very much for pulling all those strings behind the scenes. There's a boat trip for stripers with your name on it when you get over to the East coast. I cannot promise any huge fish, but there's no PC onboard;)

Dble Haul
12-22-2003, 03:43 PM
Ditto on the kudos and thanks....it's very much appreciated.

Hammer
12-22-2003, 07:55 PM
to lighten the load,,tis the season,after all,,,since i haven't been run off,i feel,,,,a part of the ,,,`gang',,,,:D

striblue
12-23-2003, 12:02 AM
Juro said it all... I would be helpless with the forum... so many thanks !

flyfisha1
12-23-2003, 09:04 AM
Thanks to one and all for the effort and time that go into this forum; I, too, would be lost without the knowledge of the members here, and I know that I make much better informed decisions with all aspects of fly fishing because I'm able to tap that "pool" whenever needed.

juro
12-23-2003, 10:26 AM
Sean -

The site is SCREAMING!!!! Gotta love it. You rock.

sean
12-23-2003, 11:23 AM
Well if it wasn't for the good folks on the board I would have quit a long time ago. The community is what makes the forum and speypages such great places to hang out. I thank all of you.

Juro the site is screaming! Faster than before the problems. Looks like the performance tweeks I added helped. I have one last upgrade to do tonight which should make things even faster so we might see a half hour or so of downtime around 12am PST.

-sean

FrenchCreek
12-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Hey Sean...
PST?
Is that Pacific Steelie Time?