Christmas time: stores full of cheap tying materials... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Christmas time: stores full of cheap tying materials...

flyfisha1
12-15-2003, 07:59 PM
... such as prismatic-printed wrapping paper, mylar tissue paper, and prismatic tinsel sold in 500-strand x 18" bunches, and all of these for around $2.50 each. The wrapping paper and mylar can be found in various colors; I found blue, green, and hot pink. I'll spray craft foam or Live Body with Super 77 and lay these materials over, then coat them with Soft Body for durability. Anyone else found good holiday tying materials?

striblue
12-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Thanks Chris... I need to do a little looking around also.... I need more tying material like I need more rods and reels...But I plan on a trip to Micheals as well.

John Desjardins
12-15-2003, 11:27 PM
Remember that on December 26 these items will be priced at 50% or more off.

flyfisha1
12-15-2003, 11:49 PM
I was actually at Target looking for stocking stuffers. Not bad as far as currecnt pricing goes. Incidentally, there's a craft store across the parking lot from Target that sells a paint that appears to be no different than EZ Shape Sparkle Body, plenty of colors, but none that have sparkles. It's something like $2.50 per bottle (same size as the EZ Shape stuff).

saltydog
12-16-2003, 02:49 PM
FLYFISHA1, I have some Im not going to use, but you can have them $1.00 a bottle + postage heres some of them.
an if anyone else is interested just e-mail
as I said Ill have to check to see whats left. just let me know what colors you need.
"GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN"