Time to retire my 20+ year old Gortex rain coat. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Time to retire my 20+ year old Gortex rain coat.

fredaevans
12-13-2003, 05:49 PM
No kidding, I used to ware his when I refféd soccer games in Washington ... and I left there in 1984. Anyway, past the point where 'renuix' (sp?) will do any good.

Anyone have a line on a 'good/reasonable deal' in an XXL? No, I'm not that big:hehe: but I want one that will go over my Bucks Bag chest pack.
fae

Skilly
01-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Fred

Try the Columbia store at one of the local outlet malls. I picked up their $180 Gor tex jacket for $27 Price was so good I got each of my sons one.

Skilly

flysully
01-01-2004, 06:31 PM
In response to the post following your inquiry re a new waterproof fishing jacket, I have to say that I was not happy with Columbia's Omni flyfishing jacket and after less than a year fishing in downpours, returned it for a credit. Long story short.... I got wet. I now own an LLBean breathable waterproof jacket and find it really great. Of course, you have their 100% satisfaction guarantee as well. Look into this jacket. It's a good thing!

fredaevans
01-01-2004, 07:30 PM
MJC's sent me a 'loaner,' and water (sorry guy) looks like it's going through same.??

Per Redshack, Danner's coming out with a 'breathable' shortly. Given their waders lasted FOR YEARS! think a 'top-sider' may be a ok deal.
fae