Orvis Battenkill LA VI [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Orvis Battenkill LA VI

Smolt
12-09-2003, 05:30 PM
I have two Orvis Battenkill LA VI reels and would like to sell one. One is black and one is gold; neither has been used more than an hour, and that was in fresh water. I also have spare spools if you are interested. The reel is a true large arbor reel designed with the idea that there would never be more than a 30% reduction in pick-up rate from a full spool to an empty spool. The LA VI picks up over 12 inches of line with a full spool, and still picks up about 9 inches on an empty spool (compared with only 6 inches down to one inch with a conventional reel). The drag is smooth and easily adjustable. The reel is simple to convert from left to right-hand retrive. According to Orvis, the reels and spools are machined from the high quality solid bar-stock, aerospace grade 6262-T6 aluminum. The reel has one of the hardest anodized, chip resistant finishes on the market. It is "saltwater safe". The reel comes with an Orvis neoprene pouch. Retail price is $249. I will sell one of mine for $180 plus $8 shipping in the lower 48 states. You can contact me at ssalar@hotmail.com

SDHflyfisher
12-09-2003, 05:57 PM
what weight is that

Smolt
12-09-2003, 06:19 PM
My best estimate is that it will hold a WF10F plus 125 yds. 30lb Micron backing, maybe a bit more.

SDHflyfisher
12-09-2003, 06:21 PM
wow too big