Chrismas Wish List [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chrismas Wish List

speybum
12-09-2003, 12:23 AM
Every year I look at my Grandkids wish list for Christmas.
I usually do not indulge them very much (HA! HA!).
I often wonder what would be the one thing that I would wish for.
Up to two years ago I would have been some of the latest in Speyworld.
Now it is just on simple wish and that is health, peace and happiness.

Now what is on you wish ?

:)

Slinger
12-09-2003, 12:54 AM
It`s funny how priorities change. For the last 30 years I tried to do everything, now I just want to do one thing for the next 30 years. My wish is to be well enough to fish till I`m 90, but I would like to do it from a bigger boat!
Slinger

flyfisha1
12-09-2003, 09:30 AM
With the year that I've been through and the possibilities that I have seen are out there, I think my wish would be for my "new life" to continue along the same path with my wonderful family and that of my fiancee, wherever our travels take us and no matter where we lay our heads every night; so long as it's together. Life's full of surprises.

Do we get a second wish? The safe return of our citizens and troops all over the globe to their families.

Robert Meiser
12-09-2003, 10:11 AM
Hey Aaron,

Thats simple...I wish your wish comes true !

Now if I only had two wishes ?!

Without question it would be an unplayed, in the wrapper vinyl of Zappa's "Joes Garage".

.....I know...I know ...Now I'm wishing for WAY too much !

Meiz

FrenchCreek
12-09-2003, 01:44 PM
One wish for myself: 50 more years with my life partner/wife/friend/companion and her tolerance for my passion of FF

One wish for others: Peace, inside your heart and in our global village

speybum
12-09-2003, 07:17 PM
Joes Garage boy that brings back some memories.

Pure unadulterated Grease a blast from the past.

Least we forget that this is a PG board.

:devil:

flytyer
12-09-2003, 10:25 PM
Aaron,

I can only add to your list time with family and friends to simply enjoy them. Most everything else pales to the three you listed plus this one.

2HandTheSalt
12-10-2003, 12:24 AM
Hey Bob, how about my favorite, " Sleep Dirt?"

Boy, those were the days.

I wish I could remember them..............

Robert Meiser
12-10-2003, 01:31 AM
Yep 2 hand...

And ohhh I loved Suzie Creamcheese....Almost as much as Joe loved Lucille !

But like Aaron says this site is PG so better be careful where this goes

....In fact I used to lock my bedroom door when I played Zappa to protect my parents.

Great stuff.

Meiz

removed_by_request
12-10-2003, 07:54 AM
Frank Zappa... you old guys really scare me!!!!!:devil:

John Desjardins
12-10-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by mjyp
Frank Zappa... you old guys really scare me!!!!!:devil:

Mark, you young whipersnappers :razz: just don't get Zappa. Who else gives such pertinent advice as "Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat yellow snow". Yes I know there is a word missing in there, there were some hazy days back then.

For a christmas wish beyond those expressed already I'd like a pair of waders with a working fly.

Slinger
12-10-2003, 09:39 AM
I think his best was " Just Another Band From LA" with Billy the Mountain.
Slinger

flyfisha1
12-10-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by John Desjardins
For a christmas wish beyond those expressed already I'd like a pair of waders with a working fly.

Now THAT'S a great idea!

OC
12-11-2003, 09:27 AM
You all do really bring back memories. Having bohemian parents of the finest kind I did not have to play Zappa behind closed doors but was encouraged to play on. His first three recordings ment so much to a teenager trying to figure out why he was unconfortable in a world still stuck in the 50's even though it was the mid 60's. I can't remember the exact names of all the songs But "Brown shoes don't make it" and the one about "Kenney in the army and Ronnie is taking pills" sure hit home in that time period. And "Susie", well I had a girl friend at that time named Susie and I wished she really was "Susie" but she was not.

This world we live in needs a new Zappa but ya know I don't think the industry would ever allow anyone to ever again challenge the status quo. In many ways we are living more in the 50's again than when we were in the real 50's. So going along where this Christmas wish list has gone I'll wish that all the young people will honestly find a way to question why so many are wearing brown shoes today.

The best of holidays to all.
OC

Capt. Mel Simpson
12-11-2003, 10:02 AM
The same thing I wish for every day...moving tides, clear skies and no wind, a sight casters wish!