Lazer-Tinker Instructions [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Lazer-Tinker Instructions

flyfisha1
12-05-2003, 09:53 AM
Would anyone experienced with tying this fly, or one similarly made with braided body material such as Corsair or EZ Body, be so kind as to post their recipe and tying instructions? I've seen variations of it from Veverkas and Gartside in Veverkas' book, but the instructions leave a bit to be desired.

striblue
12-05-2003, 12:00 PM
Chris... not sure what that fly is ...but what is your issue with braid.?.. I might be able to help you since I have tied just about every braided fly... and have seen Rich Murphy do most of his stuff.... can you be specific?. ...In the meantime... I will check Veverka's book.

flyfisha1
12-05-2003, 01:34 PM
John,
Thanks for the offer. Basically, I was wondering about the materials inside the braid that give the fly the "internal coloration" and how the front end of the braid was fashioned to give it the shape of the minnow's head. The Lazer-Tinker isn't in Bob's book, it's in Ed Mitchell's new book on fly fishing estuaries (which is one of the best books I've read, but more on that another time). The fly is essentially the same as the ones that are under Bob's pages in his book. I like the look of his variations more than those done by Gartside. Thanks...

flyfisha1
12-05-2003, 01:36 PM
See this photo of it...

Philster
06-22-2004, 04:23 PM
See this photo of it...

Any of the mylar foils available at any craftstore for inside the body. The head is simply epoxy over the braid material. a little bit of sculpting, and throw it on the turner. Just like a sea habit.