Knock Knock! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Knock Knock!

FredA
12-03-2003, 07:24 PM
Anybody home?

Time for a lessons learned thread? What I did on my summer vacation. How bout some striper fashion pics?

Here's a couple of GQ types, Fuzzy Furze and Fluff Fix. Da Chick Magnets (Grey and Morin) don't have anything on these guys!

striblue
12-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Yes Fred... and there they are , both wearing their junior Ked's sneakers....... or atleast for Fix...his antique PF Flyer high tops. he didn't want to ruin his vintage black ones......... Jeeeezzzz!

striblue
12-03-2003, 09:52 PM
Sorry Fred...but now that I think about it... that was a challenge..... Now compare pictures... and we wore that stuff...outside... and in Public. (Pete had dental work this summer to correct the snappers)

Penguin
12-03-2003, 11:16 PM
No where to go...(with my Orviski AK-47 wt))

p.s.
We know where you live!

Penguin
12-03-2003, 11:40 PM
Better Daze...(on South Beach)

DFix
12-04-2003, 09:23 AM
Nice tans, very well posed, friendly, composition and styling just right - you guys know how to pay attention to the director! I'm impressed!!!

That last shot is a perfect poster for some overpriced, brand snobbish destination package - you sure you two don't have contracts with equipment and apparel manufacturers and local hotels/restaurants???

I always did like salmon colored flats shirts!:rolleyes: :razz:

jfbasser
12-04-2003, 10:03 AM
Go get 'em Fluff....

striblue
12-04-2003, 10:53 AM
Now Dave... We were not posing..it was totally candid... This is a pose! (as directed by the great world famious photographer-Fish Hawk). This one is just for you Dave. BTW... Pete.. that is one of the greatest photos ever.... How come the special forces get to look like the Village people.... maybe I just answered my own question.. I must say, I would have got a garb on like T.E Lawrence... you should have traded uniforms with one of those guys.

DFix
12-04-2003, 11:24 AM
Whoa! is that ever FAKE!!!

So, what product were you showing off - Columbia headgear, Ex Officio shirt and short set, Winston rod, Abel Reel, or that oh-so important, extremely well-known brand stripping basket, with appropriate advertising copy???????? :whoa: :chuckle:

Pete - I love the combination - the leather hat and 7.62x39 truly complete the 'look' - you know how to accessorize JUST SO!!! (especially in foreign locales!):cool: :smokin: (p.s. - when and where taken??? - the hair and glasses help, along with the local haberdashery, but I'm not completely sure)

Dble Haul
12-04-2003, 11:41 AM
For some damned reason, all I can hear is Madonna saying "strike a pose".....

DFix
12-04-2003, 11:47 AM
Gee, Mark - maybe you've struck it dead-on! it may have been for one of the finer 'gentlemen's publications' :rolleyes: (glasscase and purse not included)

striblue
12-04-2003, 12:15 PM
...... That really hurt..... here I am trying to help you Dave... to give you some sense oF self worth and self respect... and this is what I get? You are very insensitive and ungrateful. But , I feel good... in the knowledge that I tried to help instead of blindly lashing out.... I hope you feel good about this ....Dave.:devil: :smokin:

Penguin
12-04-2003, 12:17 PM
Beware of armed/dangerous/unpredictable men wearig skirts!...:rolleyes:

striblue
12-04-2003, 12:19 PM
HA! I have to say that that picture Looks the the group of guys sitting in the corner trying to pledge the snob fraternity in the movie "Animal House"...Excellent.:chuckle:

Penguin
12-04-2003, 12:33 PM
...Charcoal coveralls with the latest Vector Gazz mask...:whoa:

striblue
12-04-2003, 12:39 PM
Hey Pete????? Is there anyway you can place that picture above to the first one in this post... sort of Photo adjust??? Like an overground underground cut picture.... You know what I mean.

Penguin
12-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Digitally Challenged!...almost clueless!
:D

Nick
12-04-2003, 01:33 PM
sorta like this?

jfbasser
12-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Fluff, is your left foot slipping abit?:D

Penguin
12-04-2003, 02:15 PM
TROGLODYTES!!!

...thanks Brother Nick...

Dble Haul
12-04-2003, 02:37 PM
5 stars?

Someone likes the fashions presented here.

:hehe:

DFix
12-04-2003, 02:38 PM
No; as a matter of fact, I'm standing on one of the strong crosstimbers in the overhead support of that tunnel.

Is there anyone who can explain HOW - JUST HOW??? ANY OF THIS DIATRIBE, posted by Striblue:

"...... That really hurt..... here I am trying to help you Dave... to give you some sense oF self worth and self respect... and this is what I get? You are very insensitive and ungrateful. But , I feel good... in the knowledge that I tried to help instead of blindly lashing out.... I hope you feel good about this ....Dave."

Is supposed to have any effect on my redemption, my sensitivity or appreciation of life's finer things - unfortunately, once again, I fail to see any correlation between my openly sarcastic assault on pomposity and any redemptive suggestion made in the above.

And this, from the very individual who, as foolhardy as he was, would pose a SuperSoaker challenge-

A challenge where only one will prevail!

Nick
12-04-2003, 03:29 PM
Mr. Blue did find one more to add to the collection...

striblue
12-04-2003, 03:30 PM
Dave... I guess imitation is the best flatery.... Nick and I have come upon another photo... which I think does show that you can learn by doing... I must congratualte you on you fine appearance Dave...You have done well.....

Dble Haul
12-04-2003, 04:07 PM
Alas, it appears that Dave has stolen John's skunk pose from late September on South Monomoy.....or did John steal Dave's pose? I never pictured either one as a lemming.

How gauche!

kush
12-06-2003, 12:10 AM
This is for really rippin in his new boat!

kush
12-06-2003, 12:13 AM
Now, from the far far side - it is Boris and Lil' Abner enjoying "enviro-chiiled" Martinis and a Cuban on the banks of BC's Thompson River.

striblue
12-06-2003, 12:52 AM
AlL Right Kush!!!!!!! Now we are really cranking up this thread. Love the Waterford Crystal Martini goblets.... Fix won't get to his computer until Monday morning...Only if I could master Adobe Photoshop!

Slinger
12-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Pete looks ready for jetty fishing in south county!
Slinger

FredA
12-06-2003, 01:45 PM
How 'bout Boneclave apre' fish chic

Slinger
12-06-2003, 02:15 PM
Aye Cap`n we of the scurvy crew of the CantAnchorUs, we were a waitin for Will. And we never tells a lie.
"Cross my heart it was at least 4 ft. long."
Slinger

striblue
12-07-2003, 11:02 AM
HEY ......Little Girl.... wanna piece of Candy? .....:devil: ;)

jfbasser
12-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Slinger has been at the Den buying up ALL the new tying materials so others will not have a Merry Christmas....and he uses Smelly Jelly on his Tibetan Bunny:D

Slinger
12-08-2003, 11:45 AM
Poppycock!!! I didn`t buy it all, just 2 of every color they had gotten, plus 300 hooks. More colors and more hooks are expected this week. Oh this new stuff called DNA makes pretty little beasties!
Slinger

DFix
12-08-2003, 12:36 PM
Let's see - so far today, I've left Nick a message that he's been added to the list of people who should never sleep soundly EVER AGAIN; contacted Striblue's sponsors to inform them he's in violation of the terms of his contract(s) with them for using any other image or images to portray their product(s); contacted the law offices of Howard, Fine & Howard to present my defamation action against Svencerectomy, Stribluetus, and Does 1 through 100! :eek:

Slinger - I'm interested in a third party for my pending action on using photographic images without express permission - wanna join the class?

(I'll get you, My Pretties - and your little DOGS, TOO!!!):devil:

striblue
12-08-2003, 12:41 PM
Oh God!!! IT Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DFix
12-08-2003, 01:19 PM
In conjunction with the SuperSoaker Blast-Off (whenever that MIGHT BE!!! :rolleyes: ), we should probably have a Brand Snob Pose-Off - considering Striblue raids my closet for fine haberdashery when he's panicked and can't find "anything to wear":razz:

striblue
12-08-2003, 01:29 PM
Ok..I think we have to end this thread..otherwise I will get fired as a moderator. But..Remember Fix..I can stike at any momment.....

DFix
12-08-2003, 01:38 PM
"Ok..I think we have to end this thread..otherwise I will get fired as a moderator. But..Remember Fix..I can stike at any momment....."

Gee, this looks suspiciously like Striblue's been bested YET AGAIN!!!!:hehe: :smokin:

striblue
12-08-2003, 02:04 PM
Dave..I warned you!... Since you are quoting me...allow me to end this thread with a sentence from your e-mail to me this morning..... "actually, it's a very good picture! far more flattering to ME! than my fat
gut sticking out -".............. I think that is word for word in reference to the photo of you alone gazing out into the sea. That's MY last word.

:devil: :D :chuckle: :smokin: :hehe:

DFix
12-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Sir, you are a scurrilous and devious reprobate - I shall gain my satisfaction when I watch your feeble attempts to defeat me in SuperSoaker duel fail you miserably -

"oh no mon ami" INDEED!!! :hehe: :devil: ;)

striblue
12-08-2003, 02:30 PM
That's Ok! ...I had Subway.

DFix
12-08-2003, 02:41 PM
:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Touche'!!!

Slinger
12-09-2003, 01:58 AM
Mr. Fix I would be honored to stand as your second in this matter of honor. I could even provide the choice of weapons, my place stocks many various soakers.
Slinger