double salmon hooks [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: double salmon hooks

Hammer
12-02-2003, 10:30 PM
anyone sourcing these in the pacific norwest,way low on a couple sizes,,got a kick out of the post on fly prices in U.K. versus U.S.,guess i've paid a lot to uphold tradition!!!,,,plus the hairwings!!!the hooks are being made but it seems people think they aren't????,,anyhoo,clues anyone:D

MJC
12-02-2003, 10:45 PM
I can probably furnish what you need.

Hammer
12-02-2003, 11:43 PM
4's 6's yeah baby!!!tue ,,need some #rs?? can backtrack,,haveta go offline for the night,ill PM ya tomorrow,,

kjackson
12-03-2003, 09:18 PM
FYI-- Partridge came out with a pair of new doubles this year in their new Flashpoint line. They are both relatively short shanked for their gape, at least compared to the normal doubles. One of the pair of newbies has fairly fine wire.

I'm thinking they would make good Glo-Bug hooks or maybe smallish soft hackles. They'd probably be the next best thing to trebles on a tube, but if you're going to do that, you might as well use a treble like our cousins on the Continent.

Another Flashpoint hook worthy of note is the series with a gold bead already in place and secure on the hook.

Keith

Hammer
12-03-2003, 09:28 PM
guess i better hit their site,been awhile,for those that don't know,they're owned by mustad,i love em' for real steel,hate em' for smolts,they do keel the fly well, plus the weight is useful,aw heck,they're just part of the rogue baby,,since i started two handing it they're stuck all over the place!!!some in pieces!!

Philster
12-04-2003, 04:29 PM
Hey Hammer

Last time I was in River Run Anglers they had some on the wall. Try the Website www.speyshop.com They are a sponsor so I can mention the website as often as I want! www.speyshop.com www.speyshop.com www.speyshop.com www.speyshop.com www.speyshop.com www.speyshop.com HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyecrazy:

Hammer
12-05-2003, 12:18 AM
yeah baby,63.00usd-86.00usd per 100,,where are those Brits getting those flys for 20 usp,seems i paid 16-19-to 26-29 usd in the past,where's MJC!!!

Bamboo Addict
12-07-2003, 10:09 AM
Hey Hammer I have quite a few doubles and can get more any time you want give me a call or e mail me I'm here in Eagle Point
David

Hammer
12-07-2003, 09:22 PM
hello David ,,did ya' check your PM box ??,,,bye!!!,,Dennis