This is just too much fun not to share ... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: This is just too much fun not to share ...

fredaevans
11-30-2003, 08:21 PM
from our UK Breatheren (sp?)

Great humor (needle) to us 'Yanks.' Great read.

http://flyforums.proboards20.com/index.cgi?board=viewpoint&action=display&num=1069854022

If you don't follow this UK'ish board, you're missing a lot of great fun, and great Guys. Several of these folks are regular posters to WWFFF

:D

Penguin
11-30-2003, 09:36 PM
Fred...
I've seen Border Collies try to herd them into pens but, once they are run off the steep incline onto flat terraign, the flock starts to run in tight cirles until all creatures concerned get so dizzy they fall down!

BobK
11-30-2003, 09:41 PM
Hey, Fred... Maybe you and Joan could set up a concession on the left coast... I can see it now... Sportsmen, You haven't had sport until you try Haggis hunting! Round trip to Scotland, stay in a castle where Robert Burns slept, with a peat fire in the fireplace, and enjoy the sport of Haggis shooting. Then, sumptuous feasts of the beasties in the evening, sip a "wee dram", and listen to the readings, such as ...
"Ye wha' hae in Bannockburn...."

The whole trip for less than $5,000.

BobK

fredaevans
11-30-2003, 11:55 PM
that our home has always been an 'open home' to all Board members. Would blow J and F's B and B idea all to heck and back.

And I can tell .. you've never had Robert Burns 'fav. meal.'

Sorry to my Scot friends: It's God Afful! (or how ever you spell that:hehe: )

BobK
12-01-2003, 07:17 AM
My brother-in-law, who was very proud of his Scotch heritage, made some up for a "traditional" meal.

Yuck....!

Fortunately, he had some single malt to kill the taste. Now I know why they invented "uisge beatha"! Between Haggis, and the fun of burning peat in an open fireplace for heat, they really needed it.

(My wife's maiden name was Findlay - from the Farquharson [sp.?] clan)

But American sportsman, who haven't tried this "tasty" dish, it would be an interesting diversion! Very, very different, if you know what I mean!

BobK:hehe: