Need help with a student fly fishing club [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Need help with a student fly fishing club

Steelheader69
11-18-2003, 06:59 PM
I'm helping a local teacher start up a fly fishing club. I'm simply going to cut/paste what Josh has wrote. If you can help, would be appreciated. I'm going to help out all I can. I'll be teaching the kids to tie. Mostly needs goods for the students to learn on (lots of them have never touched a flyrod).
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone,
I have created a fly fishing club at Bainbridge High School. There are about 30 members many of which have never fly fished. I am just trying to get used equipment so I can teach the guys and girls how to cast and fish. If you have any used or old equipment that could help, we would really appriciate your help. Some of the more advanced want to learn fly tying. I am willing to teach all of them whatever they want to learn, but I need the equipment and materials to teach them. Please donate what you can it is for the greatest of causes (Kids) our future and the future of fly fishing.
Thanks,
Josh

Please mail anything you can afford to give to the following address. Thanks for all your help.

Bainbridge Island High School
C/O Josh Zarling
9330 NE High School Road
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110

My number at school for questions or etc.
(206) 855-0401
jzarling@bainbridge.wednet.edu
joshzarling1@hotmail.com

juro
11-18-2003, 07:10 PM
I'll see what I can dig up!

fredaevans
11-18-2003, 08:49 PM
these folks? The initial request is now a bit dated, but do have two or three (at least) rods/reels/lines I'd be willing to part with if this is still viable.

Also posted (elsewhere) if these folks could get connected with a "503c" (actually a no-brainer), and are up and running come next March, the attendies (who call the shots on this) could choose to have me send funds to this group. In truth, never did get any feed back on this.

Considering the number of Washingtonian's who've attended the Charity Spey Clinic's, most appropriate.

fae

Steelheader69
11-18-2003, 09:18 PM
Actually Fred, Josh has been busy. He's been trying to drum up the support at his school. Plus, just moved into a new house, and is doing the painting and unpacking at same time. So he's been REALLY swamped. Plus, he was able to get away for a few days to fish the Hoh. So he's been very limited (especially since right now his only internet is before school at the school since he hasn't got his computer hooked up at home yet). I'll discuss that with him about the 503a. Not sure if he read that or not. But I did get a recent email from him yesterday. We're trying to get a couple other organizations involved too. But not sure what we'll get "charity" wise from them. But it's a good cause, and he has alot of interest at his school so far.

I'll talk to him Fred and see if he can get that setup. Do you know how he goes about doing that? I have no idea. But thanks, you've been more then generous, have to sneak you some tube flies that have been the hot ticket up on the Skeena for steelhead. Tied a bunch up and were a success, outfished the spoon guys (and good ones too). :D

flytyer
11-18-2003, 09:53 PM
Jerry,

Shhhhh, we don't want it to get out about feathers outfishing spoons.

Steelheader69
11-19-2003, 02:33 AM
Only reason I'm amazed is guy who was fishing hole first is a well accomplished hardware thrower. The guy using my flies figured he was SOL. Say it this way, got an order for those flies from the spoon guy. :D