Fly Fishing Forum banner

CT coast, 11/16

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
I met Quentin in New London yesterday morning for some late season fishing. I arrived early, and there were plenty of fish working prior to sunrise. I wasn't able to hook any of them and just couldn't figure out what bait the stripers were on. Needless to say, I was a bit frustrated, but also encouraged by the presence of fish.

When Quentin arrived, we walked quite a bit of shoreline and saw very few signs of fish. We went further down the coast to Old Saybrook, East Lyme, Niantic, and Waterford, and it was the same story. We came back to New London for the sunset and outgoing tide and saw some fish working, but nothing like you'd expect condsidering the amount of bait that we saw. Quentin managed a few schoolies at sunset, and I took a goose egg for the day.

Good companionship, slow fishing.......and the end of my season. See ya next year, stripers. You got the best of me yesterday. :eek: :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.