11-15-2003, 06:56 PM
a brown from the farmington

SDHflyfisher
11-15-2003, 07:03 PM
my uncle with a 5 pound largemouth he taught me how to FF

DEERHAAWK
11-16-2003, 07:08 PM
Sean,
Nice fish! Is that from the Conn. Farmington River? Years ago I knew a gal from Windsor Locks. We used to ride my motorcycle down around there, but never fished in that area. Now keep workin on that photographic style. I know its tough to take a pic of your own fish. I have had some approach me with the question "Hey Hawk, how come we never see any pics of those fish you always say your catchin?" Mostly, I gave it up in order to be a bit more in tune to the fishes needs, makin sure that he's properly released and all. Thats not to say that there isn't a time and place for a few shots, cause there is. That one of your uncle is a great example! If you use a net, place the net and fish gently on the shore, then take the pic from about another 1-2 feet further than the end of your arm. The net acts as a good indicator of the fishes size. And try to be quick so as to not keep that fish out of the water for long, or, revive him in the net for a few, then take the pic. Later when you review, if it looks to far away, then you can adjust acordingly next time. Be carefull with the flash, sometimes it can make your pics look like there shot under a 1000 watt hallogen! I have had the same problem doing closeups for "The Bug Doctor" bugs. But in photography, it comes with the territory, trial and error will improve those shots!
The main thing to remember is the fish is under stress, and you don't want to prolong that if you can help it.
Keep up the good work and keep angling!
Deerhawk

SDHflyfisher
11-16-2003, 08:06 PM
all of these pics were taken with a regular one time use two years ago and took a picture of them with our digital

i plan on getting one of the new digitals coming out that are waterproof
thanks for the tips

and just so you know my uncle and i related from marriage not blood;) :hehe:

DEERHAAWK
11-16-2003, 11:35 PM
And now I know, as Paul Harvey says, the REST of the story!
I look forward to seeing those new pics!
DH

Dble Haul
11-17-2003, 09:42 AM
Nice to see you posting some pics.

By the way, if that largemouth is 5 pounds, then your uncle must be 9 feet tall and weigh about 500 pounds. :devil: ;)

SDHflyfisher
11-17-2003, 03:34 PM
your right thats not the 5 pounder:confused:
it must be one of the other bass we caught that day
that one is about three pounds

we both caught a five pounder that night however mine was a little bigger i caught the biigger of the two and we saw his following mine while i was bringing it in