Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fly Swap #1-Particpants, Rules- Start

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 · (Edited)
OK... we have 10---JimS, Double Haul, Doc Duprey, Steelheadmike,Smolt, Striperknight, Capt.Shiner, Quentin, Eddie and Ashley....If others join in or drop out..no problem because all you need is 6 flies to tie plus one for me, which I indicated will go in a display for the benefit of the forum and sold at one of the shows. As far as the rules go, most of you know the drill. When you have your 7 flies, e-mail me for my address and send them in. Please send some cash for mailing them back. Any extra I use for mailing Boxes to make sure they are protected and a display or fly box for the auction flies. If you mail your flies to me in a fly box...you will get your box back with your swap flies in it. The deadline will be the end of the year..but lets see if we can get them out the week before Xmas... That is I would like the swap over by the end of the year..back to you by then so please try and plan accordingly. However, we are flexable here. Once I get your flies I will photo them and post them on the forum... with a final picture of them as a group. I will post reports on a regular basis to let everyone know who has submitted flies and how many we need to go to complete this. That's about it...let me know if you have any questions... The second swap will begin January 1...that's the plan anyway. Looking forward to seeing these flies, and once we get our fly data base in place we will put these flies as well as all our past flies in that data base.

#8 ·
Ok, I'm in. Will have to give serious consideration to a Pilchard pattern of mine. Will post a photo when I am done.

#9 ·
OK!... great to have Joe on this Swap.. in case any of you don't know Joe is a real master at this craft. His Flies are in Lefty Kreh's book on Saltwater Flys, Dick Browns book, Deke Meyrs Saltwater flies Book,... and Dick Stewart and Farrow Allen's book as well to name a few..... And I get to divide them out! If you get any, which atleast 6 of you will... don't fish them..save them for your secret collection.

#10 ·
Thanks John. Now you are telling all of my secrets and here I am trying to keep a low profile (chuckle).

Now, I am going to have to take my time and really tie up some nice flies instead of sending some of the ones in the corner that the moths have eaten up.

Oh well, such is life.

#11 ·
In Light of our other discussion on the Bonefish board...you can call them Your "motheaten" Flies..;) Who knows Joe, maybe one of the nameless few will copy them and claim that it is their creation and you will have the last laugh... what a trap that would be.

#12 ·
On The Way

John,

Just packed the flies up and am shipping them today. Let me know when you get them.

Here is a photo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.