02-04-2001, 12:51 AM
ALL WE NEED IS FISH
LA LALA LALA
ALL WE NEED IS FISH
LA LALA LALA
ALL WE NEED IS FISH FISH
FISH IS ALL WE NEED
FISH IS ALL WE NEED
FISH IS ALL WE NEED .............................

juro
02-04-2001, 01:31 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah!

I am suddenly VERY jealous of roballen and crusty (among others) getting together for steelhead and spey casting on the Sandy in Oregon this weekend... or sinktip, doublespey, kush, andre, northfk, highlander, skookum, kerrys and many others celebrating the arrival of native steelhead on the Skagit, Sky and OP streams...

Smiling espresso steamed faces in the dim light putting their four pc mondo rods together by the faint sound of the river through the trees, guzzling the last drops before needling their 15 foot wonders through the alders and cedars to the polished stony banks of freedom and their first solid cast and swing in the currents of a new day.

I am green with envy for Ben Ianotta Jr, in the Florida Keys crankin' up his Hewes flats boat for a morning of big winter keys bones or tarpon amidst the mangroves.

My minds eye sees Tony Gades crawling on the banks of a New Zealand stream with his wife who is also a skilled flyfisher, getting a better vantage point to float a dry over the trophy trout in air clear waters of the southern hemisphere summer.

Imagine all the fishies, it's easy if you try...
A million rises to cast to, a take on every fly...
Imagine all the fishies, leaping to the sky - oo hoooo oo-oo-oh
You may say I'm a dreamer,
but I'm not the only one -
Maybe someday soon we'll join up,
and the conclave will be as one.

striblue
02-04-2001, 11:32 AM
That's great Pete, but I expect to hear you sing that out loud this summer, no excuses. The web does not give me that perspective. How about on a mid Saturday morning on Main Street in Chatham. Good idea?

NrthFrk16
02-04-2001, 05:31 PM
Well the natives have arrived. Today I took my first trip down the Sky with me, myself and I on the oars. Didnt fish much but am learning alot. :)
Was not using the bugrod today :( but did manage to hook one 15 pound buck on a plug and then snap him off. Im a cracker. LoL

Hopefully there will be lots of fishies in the Sauk on the 18th when Sinktip takes me down the Sauk. He recieved two authentic heron feathers for the gesture.