Fly Fishing Forum banner

North Carolina report

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  capt_gordon 
#1 ·
A lot of you guys may be interested in what the fishing is like around here and debating whether or not to come down here to fish for albies: if you have a trip scheduled for this week you may want to hold off. We are supposed to get a strong SE blow in the middle of the week. This will put things off substantially. There were some albies in Beaufort Inlet this am, early. But they have been pretty scattered for the most part. If anybody is interested in these reports I will continue to update them. In the meantime here is a fish I caught Saturday night:

See less See more
#4 ·
Capt G,

Yes please keep the reports coming!

I was considering doing a trip mid-November but I am discouraged by how poor it has been so far. Talked to a couple
of captains by phone who said it has been very spotty so far and nothing like the explosive action of the last couple of years.

Do you think things will heat up as the month progresses and cooler temps prevail, or is this just doomed to be a lame year for Alberts?

Your insights are appreciated.

Dave

#6 ·
Big Dave,
Anybody who tells you they know what is going to happen with the albies this year is full of it. There is no way to predict.
Juro,
I am just reporting as a service. I am not trying to push myself or anything. I am taking my URl off of my signature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.