Fly Fishing Forum banner

Red zone reports?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  JDMuddler 
#1 ·
Well, my own inability to get out has me very curious... what are people finding out there for late season action?

FredA's near miss scenario was promising, especially the water temps and bait.

Recent South Cty RI reports are scary... but I've heard amazing reports from Sandy Hk NJ and am thinking seriously about making the drive soon... lots of guys going to or already in Harkers area down south. North shore to Maine in mackerel mode. Probably start getting some scanned pics from friends down in the Maryland area any day now.

#2 ·
I am finding the trout fishing to be good but my last few
saltwater missions (cape and RI) have been a bust with the
exception of some bluefish.

Have heard good things about Sandy hook from a friend in the area but Harkers reports have been absolutely BLEAK. The water is still to warm down there. We were on the verge of scheduling a trip but decided to bail due to the reports. Going to Laguna Madre to do some sight fishing instead :devil:

#6 ·
Red zone reports

Well, Sandy Hook WAS hot for a week or so, but things have slowed way down with the warmer weather and water. Here is hoping that things will cool down soon, before the big push goes by in deep water. I will continue to post as things develop.

Best regards,

-Doc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.