Bayside and About, 11/1, 11/2 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bayside and About, 11/1, 11/2

FredA
11-02-2003, 10:49 AM
Sat. am went to look at the flats east of Sesuit. Bird working over bait in the corner by the jetty and down by the creek in the other direction. Met up with another flyfisher who was thinking the same as me, need to get down to the creek. Water was still high but we worked our way east anyhow. The water is amazingly warm for Nov. 1. By the time we got down there the birds were further down and the water was fairly sterile. The guy I was with hit the jackpot Friday at sunset on the west side of sesuit down by the rocks under the fish statue. Fish at his feet and continuous hookups for an hour or so.

Thought about heading to Chatham this morning but didn't. Looked at the west side of sesuit this morning at sunrise. Wind out of the NE and seemed dead, though the birds were working that corner on the other side of the harbor again. Took a look at Paines, dead, checked out Bass River, also dead. Finally decided to go home and fish the river down by the house. Pleasant, but no fish. That noise in the back of my head sounds like the fat lady to me... or is that my wife.

FishHawk
11-03-2003, 04:44 AM
I think she has sung her song Fred. Water temps near the magic 50 degree mark. Oh yeah, part of the verse in her song is you should have been here yesterday. FishHawk:devil:

jfbasser
11-03-2003, 07:38 AM
Traveled out the Mass Pike on Sat afternoon..... Saw some birds working a dumpster in a fast food parking lot. Think the bait was Big Macs erel...Made a few casts, never hooked up.

striblue
11-03-2003, 07:54 AM
.....and John continued until he had to escape from big burly guys trying to catch him with large buterfly type nets. He was heard to say.."They will never take me alive!!!!!!!";)

bcasey
11-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Hey basser,
You were undergunned, you need a 2hander to fish them lots, those are BIG macs.:devil:

jfbasser
11-03-2003, 01:12 PM
:D

juro
11-03-2003, 01:25 PM
Brian,

You don't always need the two-hander for big macs... but if the dumpster is in the next parking lot.... :devil:

jfbasser
11-04-2003, 01:50 PM
John, if those big burleys with the nets work for the State I won't have to worry. They practice catch and release:D