Boat almost ready for Spring!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Boat almost ready for Spring!!

longrod
11-01-2003, 04:17 PM
Well the current boat building project has turned into my version of the big dig.
Another day or two and the casting deck will be mounted. I have decided for the time being to forgo a center console.
The amound of floor space in this boat is just amazing. So I am adding a forward temporary bench seat. Even with this addition I could probably still sleep in bottom in a pinch, comfortably. This will be a great boat for fly fishing. Also adding
rod/coffee holders for four rods.
++++

juro
11-01-2003, 06:57 PM
Pictures please! :D

longrod
11-23-2003, 07:42 PM
After many attempts to create a decent photo I have finally settled for a general work area photo. You can't see a side veiw of the boat but can get an idea of the interior. I will try for some other when the digital camera arrives.
In the mean time looking from the front to the back you see- front of anchor box,
top of the casting deck, temporary bench seat, and five feet behind that the quarter seats and motor well.
The boat is 16 feet long. I chose this particular boat because the construction method was new to me and the support from the designer and other builders was tremendous. The boat can best be described as a power dory.
While the option of a center exists i am going to use a tiller for the first year because of the extra floor space then reconsider in "05". More space for flyfishing.

longrod
11-24-2003, 08:04 PM
try again