Atlantis in the carribe... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Atlantis in the carribe...

juro
10-30-2003, 05:12 PM
I asked Dennis Worley of Kaufmanns Streamborn if he would mind trying the Atlantis 1111 on his recent trip to Xmas Island. I'm sure he had a lot of gear to test out there so I really appreciate the time he spent with it. As things got going, I knew I wouldn't hear much from him until he got back, kind of like Apollo 13 going behind the shadow of the earth.

He did send a postcard though... :devil:

Johng23j4
10-31-2003, 10:26 AM
What is the Atlantis 111?
jg

juro
10-31-2003, 08:56 PM
John -

The Atlantis 1111 is the first of a series of saltwater (and heavy freshwater) two-handed gamefish rods from CND, a former forum sponsor. The rod was developed over 5 prototype configurations to it's final production model and tested extensively, most recently by Dennis Worley in Christmas Island. He is holding a beautiful bluefin trevally in the pic and battled many other fish during the course of his trip on it, giving it the thumbs up.

This rod is an IM8 11ft 11/12wt two-handed overhead casting rod with a very distinct feel to it but a fierce recoil to throw for distance with standard saltwater lines and even further with shooting heads.

Because it's not too long nor soft, we feel it's ideally suited to the challenges of coastal flyfishing where a single hander is just not enough. Rigorous field testing on the eastern shore of the US where striped bass is king has also shown the design to be ready for prime time.

The rod retails for $495 USD and will be generally available in North America before the end of 2003 with additional models in 2004, some of which are already in field testing.