Smithers/Hazelton area fishing report [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Smithers/Hazelton area fishing report

Bob Pauli
10-22-2003, 12:39 PM
It will be appreciated if any board member shares hookup and/or landing data for the Kispiox, Skeena, Bulkley, Babine, etc. for October 2003.

Many thanks.

marketic
10-22-2003, 04:33 PM
Would it be reasonable for me to ask why you're requesting this type of CPUE information?
Thanks.
Marketic

speyhead
11-04-2003, 09:14 PM
:confused: ;) all my sources tell me it was the third year in a row for lower than average fish caught and landed. I have fished the Bulkley from 1991 to 2000. I still keep in touch with over a dozen friends and guides in the area, and they all have the same reports. I know there's no real #'s here, but I've never been able to put #'s on this area.

fredaevans
11-04-2003, 11:35 PM
on ' fav. river for two weeks of fishing.'

Sorry if this sounds like another ' plug' for the Rogue, but having lived in Washington State (pre/post-Bolt) and BC when fishing was a 'no brainer,' I'm really sad to see how fishing in general has gone into the tank.

To correct myself, fishing is good, catching is another matter. I'm sure it's a ton of combinations of why ' things' are in the tank, and will probably get worse .. better .. I'd hope.

But maybe it's just too many people, too much commercial fishing, too .. etc. Most of the Rogue is ' wild and scenic,' with just a few spots of population .. and our runs keep getting bigger and bigger each year. Do we have a Adrom. run(s) that arn't being 'loved to death' like Yosem. Park?

steelbum
11-05-2003, 12:10 PM
I know you asked for October data but my partner and I fished the bulkley hard from Sept 13-21. We landed a total of 15 fish. We hooked 23. Best day was a 4 fish day. This was our first visit there. Beautiful river. All fish on dry line and swung wets. Pinks were a problem early part of the trip but they thinned out towards the end.