Fly Fishing Forum banner

Roadkill on the migratory highway

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  broche 
#1 ·
Big tide coming this weekend... South County on the Rhody shore should be on fire. I am definitely planning on hitting it this weekend, all the classic spots - Weekapaug, Napatree, Charlestown, Quonny, etc.

What are striper hounds planning for the upcoming wkend?

#2 ·
good plan

Weather permitting, I'm planning on hitting that area (hopefully Montauk) on Saturday. Had a chance to fish there this past Sunday until the storm rolled through. Did well on Bass'n Blues but got teased by a couple of albies that I hooked and dropped.

Not this time :devil:

#6 ·
Juro,
I would like to extend the invite to you to join me on the "Hardcore" for a day of fishing the Rhody coast if you can swing it. Had Big Dave and his "little" brother with me on Sunday and fun was had by all until the rain and wind came. Dave did well with the bass but the Albies had the hex on him, he did hook an Albie and fought it for several minutes before it mysteriously vanished???? Dave's brother weilding the spinrod hooked three Albies and landed 2 on the day as well as a mess of bass and some obligatory fall bluefish. We did a spur of the moment run over to the point and it payed off nicely in spite of the uncomfortable ride back. I know we have discussed you coming down in the past to join me and this would be a good opportunity for the two of us to do some catching together finally. Let me know if you are interested and we can talk more about it.

Mike M.

#8 ·
I will hopefully be having Big Dave as my Co-Pilot as I try and reach my goal of catching my first Albie. Will try for Montauk if the seas will permit it. If not it will be the Watch Hill/ Fishers Island area for Bass and Blues. I need to bend those RPG's one last time before the snow hits.:p

#9 ·
Wow! Thanks for the generous offer Mike... I'll take you up on it. I think I'll stay Sat + Sun to get lots of time for all the options - planning a spey casting and two-handed beach casting session for the middle of the day on one of the two days (or both) with one of the areas premier flyshops, more to come, I don't want to say anything until it's a definite. Maybe we could get the rhody gang to show as the traditional spey technique is especially suited for floating lines and flatwings. The Atlantis rods will launch a chicken into the suds though ;)

More to come as things develop...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.