Flyfishing in Slovakia [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Flyfishing in Slovakia

Welde
10-21-2003, 09:51 AM
I am visiting Slovakia in november/desember. Since the trout/grayling season is over back home, I hope to do some fishing down there. I`d prefer trout on light rods. Will this be possible, anyone? :confused:

FlyFishAR
10-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Welde:

I'd like to visit with you when you get back. The World Championships are in Slovakia later next summer. I'd appreciate any information you come up with.

If no one replies to this message I'll give you some contacts that you mught be able to talk with.

John

Welde
10-22-2003, 03:08 AM
No problemo, John:) And any contacts you could share with me would be great.
I have heard about the upcoming WC, so I guess Slovakia must hold some decent rivers. Yeaterday I found a web page that said that nov/des is off season for brownies, but rainbows and grayling is legal to fish. I wonder what conditions I will meet though? When I woke up this morning the river Glomma, which passes outside my window, was cowered with ice for the first time this year.

FlyFishAR
10-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Drop me an email in a few days if you don't get a response and I'll pass on a couple of email addresses for you.

John

Moonlight
10-24-2003, 07:38 PM
My Brother in law is a Colonel in the US Army he was stationed off and on in Bosnia the last few years. He took a lot of photos some of them of beautiful rivers flowing through dramatic looking towns and villages with historic bridges and castles. I asked him if there were any fish in the rivers and he told me that there might be but most of the river banks had been "Mined" and nobody was trying to dodge the mines for a few trout!!!!

Welde
10-25-2003, 06:29 AM
Slovakia is "half" of the old Tsjekkoslovakia, and has nothing to do with former Jugoslavia.

I to have heard of some magnificent rivers in the Serbia/Bosnia area, but I am not going there. Maybe when the mines are gone:)