Unreal sounds from the downspouts!!!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Unreal sounds from the downspouts!!!!

Moonlight
10-17-2003, 06:17 AM
I have never heard such gushing sounds from my "Downspouts" on my house here in Port Angeles so I got up in the middle of the night to check on the river flows on the USGS site for the rivers on the OP. Holy Socks they are not just at flood stage they are on there way to Historic highs that will be talked about forever! the Queets is brushing with the Century mark ,isn't a moderate flow for the Coloumbia this time of year around 125,000cfs. Maybe the gauges are all on "Steroids". I will have to take a ride in the morning to see if there are any bridges left. One thing I am confident of there will be several new rivers in the general vicinity of where the old ones used to be.
Most of the Fall Chinook and Late Coho are still in the Ocean but the early stcks are getting a real dose of "Diversification" some will not make it through the "Lane Changes" of this pinapple express.
Its supposed to rain more this morning so it ain't over yet.....:eyecrazy:

fredaevans
10-17-2003, 11:03 AM
get even down here in (sorry) Sunny Southern Oregon.

You guys are getting POUNDED! Remember one month long stretch in the early 80's (still living in Bothell, WA at the time) and King County having three 100 year floods, and darned near a 4'th, in a single month.

fae

flytyer
10-17-2003, 06:53 PM
I saw on the news this morning that you guys in Port Angels had 4.5" of rain in 24 hours. That is a lot of rain. Also saw that Hwy 101 had a major slide along Lake Crescent that knocked a logging truck into the lake.

Up in Whatcom County, there was 8" of rain falling in 24 hrs at Blaine, and 7" of rain recorded in 12 hrs at Mount Baker Sky Resort. The Nooksack in a mess! Hopefully Nooksack Mac is high and dry!

The Skagit has gone beyond flood stage (28 ft) at Concrete and is at 33 feet this afternoon. It is not expected to crest until tomorrow.

sean
10-17-2003, 07:51 PM
Jeez just checked the skagit....You know we are getting a lot rain when even the skagit blows out.

Guess I am tying flies this weekend...

-sean