The deal on the sponsor trips [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: The deal on the sponsor trips

juro
01-22-2001, 09:24 PM
Recent discussions with lodges and outfitters have indicated that there are very real opportunities for exchanging trips for advertising on our forum. The more people we get browsing like mad, the more opportunities we will get. Get as many friends as you can on the site and we increase our chances even more. When ads appear, click on them like mad to say thank you and when we need something, support our sponsors to confirm that we are a worthwhile advertising partner. This is a real chance to do something easier than the fund raisers to get mind-blowing trips to great destinations.

I hope everyone remembers the proposal I made to raise money, and what it would be spent on. (email me if you missed this proposal) The part about using surplus funds to pay for a member to have a dream trip via annual lottery might be unnecessary - if we can get enough advertising value to have them offer us free trips instead of ad fees.

It was never really about the money anyway. This might get us to the same goal without all the hassles. In the mean time - surf like mad, write stories, help raise traffic and our sponsors will come!

(more to come soon)

FrenchCreek
01-22-2001, 11:10 PM
Count me in, I'm dying for a trip to some fishy waters.

grego
01-23-2001, 08:06 AM
It sounds interesting enough to persue & see what comes of it. I think that Air/Car/food/lodging is do-able for many people on the board, especially if costs can be split (i.e., sharing a car or room for example).

juro
01-23-2001, 09:55 AM
GregO -

I don't want to count chickens before they hatch, but in some cases the lodging and food is included as well as the guiding. Worth sitting on these eggs though.